TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

I'm Not Even Living - November 9th 2017, 05:27 AM

I don't know if I can keep this up. Everything is falling apart. What is life if you're not living? How is living in fear everyday actually living? How is this pain, living? I'm not living, I'm just surviving and I don't how to change that, I don't know if I can ever change that. I don't want to just survive. I don't want every day to be a struggle with anxiety, or depression or self-harm. I don't know how to do this.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: I'm Not Even Living - November 10th 2017, 01:22 PM

Hi, I am so sorry that you're having a hard time right now. When everything is going wrong and it does make you feel upset and hurt because you are not always able to fix what is happening to you or whatever the problem may be. And I know that it's hard, please try not to be too hard on yourself and try to be calm if you can. I know that it's really hard to try to make yourself calm and okay when you feel like everything is falling apart. And I am so sorry that you are feeling like this. Can you try and go for a walk or put on a funny movie or TV show to help pick yourself up? Also can you try and call you're friends or family member and let them know that you are going through a really hard time and you need some help with this? Maybe they can help you or give you some advice on this so that you will be ok soon.

I know that when you are feeling so hurt and everything is going wrong and it does feel like it's not going to ever get better, but it will. It will take some time and things will start to pick up and little by little you will feel a little bit better. I wish you the best. Lots of Hugs

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: I'm Not Even Living - November 19th 2017, 05:02 AM

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. The thing is, sometimes surviving is all you can aim for. Sometimes just getting through the day is enough; it may not feel like it, but it is. Because each day you get through is one day closer to being really, truly content with life.

The way I see it is this: the pain, the fear, all the negatives, they're experiences. They're not pleasant, but that's how life goes sometimes. The thing to remember is that they're not permanent, and that they can provide opportunities to better yourself or your life. By overcoming the negatives you can become a stronger person; you can learn to rely on yourself, you can discover that you have more courage than you thought, you can find ways to cope and adapt. You can grow.

If you don't like your life as it stands, you can change it. Even if you can't make big changes right now, you can still do something. You can take up a new hobby, or try a different shampoo, or learn to make a fancy meal, or any of a million other ways to break up the monotony of this everyday pain. Sometimes the little things can give you enough relief from the bad stuff going on to help you feel brave enough to reach for help or make those big changes.

Remember that even though sometimes it can feel like external forces are controlling your life, you are the one who's really in control. Your anxiety, depression, and self-harm are things that you're dealing with right now, but they're not the things that define you.It's okay to feel overwhelmed or resentful or disappointed about how your life is, but don't let it keep you down. There's so much more ahead of you, and you'll be a better person for not giving up and actively working to create your life.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

Closed Thread