TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
theferretparade Offline
Not a n00b

Name: ferretparade

Downhill again... - May 26th 2009, 03:40 AM

I thought I was good. I thought I had healed from before and could deal with problems in a healthy and effective manner- but then the universe throws me this. One of my best friends EVER (like, I would kill/die for even still) decides to ditch me and tell me I'm annoying and to leave him alone. I've known the guy since I was in kindergarten. It hurts. It hurts bad. It's all I can think about- what did I do? What's changed between us? I don't really have romantic interest in him- he's too important to me to risk that- but to me that makes him even MORE special to me.

I'm really trying to tell myself it's ok and to stop thinking about him and to try and see it from another perspective- all I see is my failure, my mistakes, my moments of insensitivity. All I see is him hating me for no apparent reason. I don't know what happened! I don't know what I'm gonna do to make this stop hurting.

Why is it that so often, my friend, those who are extremely successful in virtually everything they do are so unable to see that this is the case?

Yeah, you might not be the right person to ask.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: Downhill again... - May 26th 2009, 04:02 AM

Hey,

I'm sorry that happened. Maybe he had a bad day and snapped or something. Or maybe he is going through something. Sometimes these things happen when you're in your teens though. People change and it hurts. It doesn't make your fault or anything, it just happens. Give it a couple of days, let it cool down and try and talk to him too see why he said what he said.

I hope everything works out and just know that it's not your fault.
I'm here if you would like to talk.

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#3 (permalink)) Old
theferretparade Offline
Not a n00b

Name: ferretparade

Re: Downhill again... - May 26th 2009, 10:48 AM

Well, i think it's been an ongoing thing. We're at different schools so it takes a lot to organize things between us. He's kinda proud so it would take a lot before he actually told someone off. I know I should give it time and just relax but it's been two days and he hasn't tried to talk to me at all and I've tried to talk to him twice and I don't want to seem like a stalker.

What if he just doesn't want me in his life anymore? What if the friendship I thought meant so much doesn't even have value or importance? He's part of the foundation who I am because I never thought he'd be gone. I just want this all to be fixed, I'm constantly hurting (hurting/aching/anxious/despairing/whatever you wanna call this) from it. I don't think this'll ever get better.

Why is it that so often, my friend, those who are extremely successful in virtually everything they do are so unable to see that this is the case?

Yeah, you might not be the right person to ask.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: Downhill again... - May 26th 2009, 10:41 PM

Hey

It can be so difficult when you have a fall out with a really close friend. I have fallen out with a good friend recently and she has decided she doesn't want to talk to me again. I was quite close with her but I am just going to give it time because she has overeacted and needs time to put things into perspective. Perhaps you should give it time. Sometimes people just need time to think and let things blow over. I know right now you are probably thinking of the worst possible outcome, which is him now wanting you in his life anymore. But he probably just needs time. I really hope things work out for you. Stay strong :-)

Closed Thread