TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JustTheKeags Offline
Meme a Day Keeps th Feels Away
Average Joe

Name: Keagan

Exclamation Is there an end? - November 22nd 2017, 08:30 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

If anyone can tell me why life doesn't ever seem enjoyable, it would be nice.

If someone could tell me why I'm going insane, laughing at things that are sad, crying for no reason, and otherwise feeling zero emotions, I woud be extremely thankful.

If someone can tell me something that will make me be able to go through life happily, not just going through the motions, it would help me in an unimaginablly good way.

If someone could give me advice on how to not push away my freinds, I would be extremely grateful.

If someone could talk to my parents and help them understand what I'm going through, I would be thankful.

If someone could teach me how to enjoy the things I used to enjoy, like music, movies, and being around people, I would love it.

If someone could tell me where it ends, so that I can trash my plan for suicide and know it will end somewhere good, I would cry tears of the deepest joy imaginble.

Hang In There!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: Is there an end? - November 22nd 2017, 08:37 PM

Hey, you might not find this reply useful (I don't think you will) but I just wanted to tell you your not alone. I myself feel exactly the same way and I'm pretty sure alot of the people on here do too. I can't tell you why you can't find joy in anything anymore, if I would've known I would sag myself a hell of alot of trouble.I find that writing when I'm most angry and hurt helps sometimes. Maybe you could try writing a novel or a poem and instead of dwelling on the negatives try and write about th I alternate universe where you don't know what unhappiness even means.
And if you have really strong suicidal urges, when you get them just get up walk around, take a shower, go out of your house, whatever. Just try and get away from things that might also help you satisfy those urges.

Keep calm and carry on.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
JustTheKeags Offline
Meme a Day Keeps th Feels Away
Average Joe

Name: Keagan

Re: Is there an end? - November 23rd 2017, 04:27 AM

Thank you. I will definitely try getting out of the house or doing something to get rid of the urges. I realize that I should focus on positives, but this is hard when you are so fucking depressed (like me)

thank you.

Hang In There!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Fading Light. Offline
I'm sorry you lost.
TeenHelp Addict

Re: Is there an end? - November 23rd 2017, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustTheKeags View Post
If anyone can tell me why life doesn't ever seem enjoyable, it would be nice.
There could be any number of reasons for this. Maybe there's something external going on - family troubles, issues with friends, a difficult home environment. Or maybe it's something internal, like you're not getting enough of something you need (such as food or sleep). Regardless, try to remember that the fact that your life doesn't feel enjoyable right now doesn't mean that you're never going to enjoy things again.

Quote:
If someone could tell me why I'm going insane, laughing at things that are sad, crying for no reason, and otherwise feeling zero emotions, I woud be extremely thankful.
I've gone through phases like this before, and in my case it's normally an indication that there's some emotion or issue that I haven't fully dealt with. For example if something is causing me to feel hopeless, but I haven't actively acknowledged that feeling, I might laugh at inappropriate times or cry for no apparent reason. It can be startling, but it's just my body's way of telling me that there's something deeper I need to address. Perhaps the same is true for you. I would recommend doing some thinking to see if you can pinpoint any feelings that might not be immediately evident, and maybe even work out what's causing them and how to deal with them.

Quote:
If someone can tell me something that will make me be able to go through life happily, not just going through the motions, it would help me in an unimaginablly good way.
Here's the thing: nobody goes through life happily. Life isn't a big happy story, it's a journey. It won't always be happy. Sometimes it will be painful, or frustrating, or bleak. But that's just a point in the journey, not the destination. Things feel bad now, and that is entirely valid - but it's not permanent. Maybe you could think of some things that might make you happy or give you a renewed sense of purpose. Even if you can't actively do them right now, you can still make plans and take little steps towards them. For example maybe you want to travel, and in that case you could start saving up and looking up places you would like to visit. Or maybe you want a fulfilling career, so you could start looking at career paths and options within the field. Giving yourself something to work towards can help keep the feelings of hopelessness at bay.

Quote:
If someone could give me advice on how to not push away my freinds, I would be extremely grateful.
Remember that at the end of the day, they're your friends for a reason. If you feel like you're pushing them away, try to evaluate why you're doing that. If you can work out why you're doing it you'll be in a better place to be able to actively stop doing so. Maybe you could try by opening up to one or two of your closest friends and letting them know you need a bit of extra support at the moment. That might help make you closer and remind you that you're not alone.

Quote:
If someone could talk to my parents and help them understand what I'm going through, I would be thankful.
Unfortunately nobody here can do that, but is there another adult you could reach out to, such as a school counsellor or a teacher? They might be able to help you figure out some ways to communicate with your parents, or they might even talk to your parents with/for you if you feel like you haven't had luck getting through to them yourself.

Quote:
If someone could teach me how to enjoy the things I used to enjoy, like music, movies, and being around people, I would love it.
If the things you used to enjoy no longer bring you joy, then maybe you need to find some new things. Sometimes it can be easily to overthink things like that - you expect yourself to enjoy certain activities or hobbies, and then you end up disappointed and confused when you don't love them as much as you used to. But that's okay. There are always new people, new places, new hobbies, just waiting for you to fall in love with them. Maybe something fresh and unexplored will revitalise your enthusiasm for life.

Quote:
If someone could tell me where it ends, so that I can trash my plan for suicide and know it will end somewhere good, I would cry tears of the deepest joy imaginble.
The bad news is that nobody can tell you when this dark period or this pain will end. But the good news is that you can do things to make your life better. First, make sure you're taking care of yourself - getting enough food, water, sleep, exercise, and everything else your body needs. Second, reach out for help if you need it. You don't have to go through this alone. It's great that you've posted this thread, and hopefully the responses are helping a bit, but remember that you can also ask for support and advice from people in your "real life". They can often take positive action that people on the internet can't. Finally, try to focus on the good. There's always something good, even if your days all feel bad or you don't feel anything or you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. There are still reasons to smile, reasons to hold on, and I urge you to find those and keep them close. There's always a reason to keep going.

if you know the hunter's coming
then you hide or keep on running
'cause she's slain the gods before.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Is there an end? - November 25th 2017, 01:49 PM

Hi, I'm sorry you are having a hard time right now. Sometimes when you have a lot of things going on this can make you upset or when you have different changes in you're life too, it can bring you down as well and I'm sorry you're going through a hard time right now.
When you are feeling like this, try putting on music or a funny TV show or movie to make you laugh and this can help pick you up some. Also try going for a walk and putting on music on with you're walk to help you too.
If you are not able to say how you are feeling to you're parents, you can try writing a letter to them and saying everything that is going on with you and that you need help and you are not sure what to do. You can also give a letter to you're school counselor and friends and letting them know that you are having a hard time and need them too.

Find something in you're room that you truly love and put that on or hold it, for example a t-shirt or hoodie or a hat or a blanket or pair of shoes or anything else and put it on or hold it for a while and think about why you have it and why did you buy it and why did it make you happy and do this a couple times a week until you start to feel something and it will help pick you up and start to be okay and I hope that you will soon and that it gets better for you. Hugs.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Is there an end? - December 6th 2017, 04:29 AM

Hello!

I think that part of it is accepting that what's happened to your is history.. and that if you do manage to put it behind, you'll be able to go through your days with a clean slate, enabling you to truly enjoy how things are. I would also ask for you to try new things, like maybe books if you haven't tried them.. or maybe meditation or perhaps pick up a new hobby. The joy of discovering something new oughta put in a much welcomed spring in your step.

Also, when it comes to suicide... there's no point doing that.Think about all the things you'll never experience if you do that.. getting a girlfriend, being loved, and getting the chance to love, never getting to give stomach rubs to cute cats, murakami books, not getting to watch Eastenders, good food and so much more.

You're loved, and there's so many things that could change for the better.

You should also treat yourself to something you love , every day. At least once. Spoil yourself. Life has blessings for everyone.. but the more you notice them, the bigger they are.

Much kindness and warmth,
Darren

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread