TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
LonelyRazor Offline
Still Alive
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jason

Need some advice about something. - December 4th 2017, 06:22 AM

Well, last year I opened up to my dad about my feelings and how I was depressed. He got me to go to the doctor and I started to take Zoloft for a few months and then I switch meds and the doctor even said I needed to see a therapist. Then he found out I self harmed which I don't know how to put it. But, at first he was understanding then after a while he started act like my problems were't as bad as they seemed.

Which I know there not the worst in the world. But, its my problem and I can't handle it alone. I told him I need to go to the doctors. I told him and my mom for a year straight. All they said was ''Maybe or we will see.''. My dad is a combat vet and I know what he saw overseas and did over there created a lot of problems and there worse than mine. But he always talks about how he has it worse and how I shouldn't be sad and cut myself. He's already lost 4 jobs in a year span. He abuses his medications to make him feel better.

He says its the only way he can truly feel happy and not be depressed. I don't know what to do. I'm on the verge of just kissing this world goodbye and seeing whats beyond death. I want to talk to my school school counselor about it but I don't want to have my parents get mad at me. I need some advice. I can barely talk to my dad anymore because all he does is sleep in his room and rarely comes out. I'm stuck in the house 24/7 other than going to school. Please, I need the advice.

Also sorry if I put this in the wrong section.

Thanks,
Lonelyrazor
12/4/17

"It's called a tunnel because there's always a light at the end" But what if the light is a train?
~Unknown

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Paroxysm Offline
hug your cat right meow

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Delwen

Re: Need some advice about something. - December 5th 2017, 01:18 PM

You should totally talk to the school counsellor, they're there to help you and you can tell him/her what you've said here.

With the stuck at home situation, perhaps you can hang out with friends or maybe walk a neighbours dog daily (if you have a dog, go for walks. Spending time in the sunlight really does help a bit more than medication.

But you should definitely talk to the school counsellor, they're there to help

breathe. it's just a bad day, not a bad life.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
LonelyRazor Offline
Still Alive
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jason

Re: Need some advice about something. - December 8th 2017, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
You should totally talk to the school counsellor, they're there to help you and you can tell him/her what you've said here.

With the stuck at home situation, perhaps you can hang out with friends or maybe walk a neighbours dog daily (if you have a dog, go for walks. Spending time in the sunlight really does help a bit more than medication.

But you should definitely talk to the school counsellor, they're there to help
Thank you for the reply. It really does mean a lot. I just needed an outside opinion.

"It's called a tunnel because there's always a light at the end" But what if the light is a train?
~Unknown

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Need some advice about something. - December 8th 2017, 08:26 AM

Hello!

Staying at home all the time is a bad idea when it comes to overcoming depression.. you should get involved in more activities outside the house. If it involves people then that's even better because you'll meet more people.. some of which can probably become your companion for life.

Also, you also need someone to listen.I'm here for you.

Much kindness and warmth,
Darren

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
JustTheKeags Offline
Meme a Day Keeps th Feels Away
Average Joe

Name: Keagan

Re: Need some advice about something. - December 10th 2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
Hello!

Staying at home all the time is a bad idea when it comes to overcoming depression.. you should get involved in more activities outside the house. If it involves people then that's even better because you'll meet more people.. some of which can probably become your companion for life.

Also, you also need someone to listen.I'm here for you.

Much kindness and warmth,
Darren
As Yoshi said, staying at home while depressed can make it much worse. in the winter, I get super depressesd, and When my Therapist told me to go and hang with freinds, I got 10 times better. talk to your dad, see if you can go out.

Hope this helps,
Keagan.

Hang In There!