TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chaotic_ Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cass

The Struggle Is Real. - December 14th 2017, 05:25 PM

My depression is back and it's making me go crazy.
One of the ways I cope is I listen to slam poetry about depression.
I found a video that is everything that I've always wanted to tell my friends and my counselor, but I can't say as eloquently as said poem said.
Would it be weird to send my friends and my counselor the link to the video.
I think it would open a door to being able to talk about everything I've been feeling.
I typically e-mail my counselor once or twice throughout the week, more or less depending how I'm feeling and it's always been okay.
I just don't know if sending a video would be strange - maybe I can write out the lyrics and just give the author credit.

I know I'm probably way overthinking this but this has been my life this week. Every decision has been like pulling teeth. Trying to do stuff that I need to do has been next to impossible. I have fallen behind on my work this week, which means less money next week if I don't pull myself together. But depression keeps pulling me to the couch, or to bed and I can't do anything about it. I keep telling myself "self care" but "self care" turns into hours of mindless activiety that takes me away from what I need to be doing.

I just feel like my anxiety and depression are shape shifters. Some days they are as a tiny as a mouse that barely bothers me, other days they're full on dragons that won't stop shooting fire at me and I'm useless those days. Those days have been filling this week for me.

I want to eloquently write out everything I've been feeling and send it off to my counselor but I sit down to write and nothing comes out. It's all on in my head. But getting words from my head to paper aren't working. I'm struggling and I just want someone to know. But I get afraid..

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Mynesseduplife Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: The Struggle Is Real. - December 14th 2017, 05:34 PM

Hi..I know how u feel, and I think you should send them the video and explain why you are sending it to them...and the same for your counsellor that way they can understand what you go through and so you counsellor can help you to overcome the depression and anxiety

Last edited by Mynesseduplife; December 14th 2017 at 05:37 PM. Reason: to explain myself more

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: The Struggle Is Real. - December 14th 2017, 08:43 PM

Hello, I am so sorry that you are having a hard time right now. You said that you found a video that can tell them how you are feeling and if you want to, you can send them the link to this and letting them know that this is what's going on or how you are feeling, whatever it may be. Then after you're counselor sees this, they will be able to help you more. The more information that you can share with them is better because they can help you and guide you and do the best that they can to make you feel better. And if you would like to tell you're friends about this then go ahead. Then you can also talk with them about this.
If you can, try going for a walk and putting on music and funny movies to help pick you up, to help you feel a little bit better. I hope that you will be ok soon. Lots of Hugs.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: The Struggle Is Real. - December 17th 2017, 05:58 PM

Hello

I do think that you should send your counselors a video and also write out some poetry that best explains your feelings. I find that when you're having a lot on your mind...poetry helps you relax, and also it'll serve as a reliable outlet for you to rant out your feelings. But most of all, you also need to know that "self care " is okay. You need to rediscover your joy and enthusiasm for life, and also remember that the main reason we're here is to be happy.

Also, feel free to write out any poems or forms of expressions bout your feelings over here... it never helps to keep it all on the inside.

We're here, and I also think that you should tell your friends (especially those you can trust ) bout it.

Much kindness and love,
Darren

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread