TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SugaCube Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ren

Who even cares anymore? - December 29th 2017, 01:40 AM

I really don't know what I'm doing posting this...but I need to vent or something. My thoughts are really jumbled so sorry if I don't make sense or my punctuation is off. I dunno. I just feel so lonely and depressed, and I keep wanting to tell people but there's really no point to it, is there? I was like this in 8th grade, that's when I reached out to people, but it's been a year and everyone thinks I'm better. I can't talk to anyone. At least before I could reach out....now I have no one. At least it feels like that. Who cares anymore, really. I don't. I just feel so alone. I'm surrounded by friends and family who love me, but I feel so alone. I just want to get rid of this feeling. I just think they love the me that was better....not this one. This one is too depressing. I have to stay strong or something. Keep fighting. I honestly don't care anymore. I don't think I'm allowed to have bad days...honestly. I got better last time because I got help. I can't get better this time on my own. Why do I even bother? I feel like I'm screaming silently for help, but no one sees it. It's not their fault though, it's mine. I won't tell them, how should they know? Honestly I know this is a mess...sorry...I just needed to vent or I really don't think I could have handled this. I just don't know what to do anymore. I don't know if this is triggering, I'll leave it up to someone else to decide because I honestly don't know. Sorry I can't seem to get the hang of this.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Virgil Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Who even cares anymore? - December 29th 2017, 02:48 PM

Hey, I'm sorry you're feeling like this. It's often pretty hard to ask for help, even when we really need it. I get what you said about not being allowed to have a bad day- society expects us to be up and running all the time, without regard as to how we're feeling. All that aside, I hope you eventually find it in yourself to tell someone. Hey, you've already taken a step in the right direction by posting here, right? There's always a point, even if we can't see it. You getting better now is the only reason you need to ask for help. In the meantime, know that you are loved and that you can PM me anytime should you need anything. Lots of hugs

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Who even cares anymore? - December 29th 2017, 04:32 PM

Hey there,

You don't have to be strong all the time. You don't have to pretend to be okay if you aren't. From what you have said, I think that it is likely that your family and friend's would want to know what is going on so that they could try and support you through this. From personal experience, certain friends and family have been glad I confided in them about my struggles instead of trying to handle it all alone.

I know you might think that they like the you who is 'better' but it's likely that they like you just as you are. They might be happy when you are doing well because they don't like seeing you struggle but that doesn't mean that they like you any less when you are struggling.

I hope that this helped and if you need anything feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread