TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Things are getting bad. - January 14th 2018, 04:46 PM

Been feeling very demotivated .

In fact,I've felt.. nothing at all. For some time.

I need some help. No real emotions, no nothing. It's like I forgot how to feel.

I might need some reassurances that things will get better.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Last edited by Green Yoshi; January 14th 2018 at 05:35 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 15th 2018, 01:12 AM

Hey there,

Things can get better. I think that it's quite normal to go through ups and downs in life. I know the downs can be really hard to experience but try and stay hopeful. From my own personal experience, the ups that I've eventually experienced have made me thankful that I've kept going despite the difficult times. Do you know if there is anything in particular that might have triggered you to start feeling demotivated? I know a lot of people start feeling a bit low during the holiday season and that can continue on through the New Year. If you are able to figure out what led to you starting to feel demotivated, you might be able to work on finding a resolution or a way to cope.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 15th 2018, 02:27 AM

Losing a best friend caused this. Ever since she cut me out of her life on July 3rd, 2016 , I've lost all my motivation.

I've had strict parents before, and not even they realize just how much emotional damage I've sustained..

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 16th 2018, 10:05 PM

Hi Yoshi,

First of all, I just wanted to let you know I decided to remove the trigger prefix as this isn't overly triggering and it might cause people not to look at it if they think it might be triggering.

You can't keep dragging yourself through the mud over this girl. I have lost MANY friends in my life, including one right after New Years, I don't have time in my life to worry about my future without them. She obviously lost out on a great friend, and that's her loss not yours.

You really need to do something to try and move on from her. Something I have seen people do that has helped them is writing a letter to that person and then light it on fire. This has helped a few of my friends.

Once you are able to move on from her, you can work on feeling better, and trust me, you will.

I hope you start feeling better soon

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 17th 2018, 10:10 AM

I might have to try one of those soon. It's been a little tough.

I'll try to keep that in mind.

Much kindness and warmth,
Darren

screwdriverneedsgas

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

My parents definitely know how painful it is , but it's too late. - January 18th 2018, 04:05 AM

They just want me to have good days now, but what good days? What even is a good day? She's gone.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: My parents definitely know how painful it is , but it's too late. - January 18th 2018, 04:32 AM

Yoshi, please start listening to the advice that we are giving you, we keep giving the same advice over and over again. You need to move on somehow. Take my suggestion on writing her a letter and then burning it. There's nothing else none of us can say. She isn't coming on, it's time to accept that.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: My parents definitely know how painful it is , but it's too late. - January 18th 2018, 04:53 AM

Thanks for the advice , brittany and Dez.

Dez, it's true that it should be okay.. since it's not affecting my cholesterol.. but it might still be high. Or maybe not. I ain't sure.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: My parents definitely know how painful it is , but it's too late. - January 18th 2018, 04:56 AM

Sorry about that post, I'm not sure how that ended up there.

That being said, though, I do think that hanging on to this girl is causing you a lot more harm than good. I know you don't want to move on and I know that moving on is the scariest thing sometimes, but it is for your own good. Once you are able to move on, you will be able to start to heal.

I do like the writing a letter and burning it suggestion, or even maybe a blog entry here where you write down the things that you wish you could say to her, so that way at least you have gotten your last words out.

Living your life for one person isn't a good idea though. You need to find things that make it worth it for YOU.

At this point I am wondering if it would be best to see a doctor or therapist, and if you have already, maybe being honest with them that the feelings you have haven't gone away yet. They can't help you if you aren't fully honest, so maybe if you are seeing someone, they can try a new approach?

(#10 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: My parents definitely know how painful it is , but it's too late. - January 18th 2018, 05:05 AM

Hey there,

I know you are trying to get to a better place. I understand quite well how hard it can be to lose a friendship. However, you need to take into consideration the toll this is taking on you. You can't get this person back in your life and by hanging on to them you are causing yourself a ton of distress. I think you need to figure out a way to grieve for this friend and move forward. Moving forward doesn't mean that you will forget about your friend it just means that you will no longer allow the loss to consume you and lead to you feeling so distressed.

Personally, I think it might be a good idea to reach out to a therapist or something like that. I am uncertain if you have tried that but the best suggestion I can give is that if you take that route you are completely honest with them. Let them know everything you are dealing with because the more information they have the better able they will be to help you.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: My parents definitely know how painful it is , but it's too late. - January 18th 2018, 05:06 AM

No, I'm not seeing anyone like that.

Actually , the situation now is weird. She knows that I'm.. not in a good situation. She's already blocked me on instagram, and given the right circumstances .. she would like to block me on Whatsapp too (our last method of communication) but she knows that doing that will hurt me beyond what I can handle.

I'll need to try to find something worth living for. My parents took from me the chance to have plenty of sweet , nice, good friends around where I stayed . They had to stop me from doing bad things to myself after that painful period. Then.. she came in and showed me how to live. Then she went. Then... here i am, in the situation we're now trying to get me out of.

I can say one thing about my parents. They regret it now, but there's nothing they can do. Human companionship,friendly physical companionship(especially with best friends where you can pour your heart out ) is something money can never buy, and it might as well literally be that way, because it's more precious than anything money can buy.

Services like that over here cost a lot, and they just pretend to care because all they want are the 300 bucks at the end of the session. When I talk to them , they respond the same way robots do, no compassion, just fake empathy.

I'll try to find something else worth living for, but.. so far. its been a little tough.

Will try my best, though.

Darren

screwdriverneedsgas

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Wishes Offline
Hello

Junior TeenHelper

Name: 爱

Re: My parents definitely know how painful it is , but it's too late. - January 18th 2018, 08:09 AM

I'm sorry you feel this way, but remember that your parents care about you and want to help you. There are people who care about you now, and I am sure you will meet more in the future. And you can always talk to your friends here!
Hope you are ok.

"Every Experience Is A Gift from The Universe"

http://www.instagram.com/_.2204_/

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: My parents definitely know how painful it is , but it's too late. - January 18th 2018, 12:13 PM

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.. I hope that you're right.

I was in a very bad situation this morning, but... the worst of it is gone.. for now.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#14 (permalink)) Old
TheAtomicBlade Offline
Resident Sith
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Tortellini

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 21st 2018, 08:28 PM

Yoshi
Have you tried meeting a psychiatrist and getting medication? It may be worth looking inti if that would help.

PM me if you ever wanna talk. Send a message my way.
And remember, you matter. You're awesome. You're beautiful. Stay strong, the world will get better.

May The Force be With You.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
matthewmatters Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Matthew

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 22nd 2018, 01:34 AM

i'm like too with the best friends thing you mentioned
although they're not dead as i assume you were saying about yours, the first one is like practically 0 chance of even talking to me again and the more reason one she is likely going to feel like she does for quite some time and so i've still lost them even if theyre alive
it does make it worse that one lives in same place so i have to walk down the street sometimes but knowing i cant say so much as a hello to her that does hurt a lot. send me a message if you want to talk about anything relevant to what either of us have said

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 22nd 2018, 02:58 PM

Same here. I felt like I lost her... and truhfully, its been extremely painful.

Tortellini, if things get really bad, I think I might need to do that. It's already very bad.

No motivation at all these days, and I feel very.. empty.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#17 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount29

Edit avatar

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 22nd 2018, 06:52 PM

Look, how many of these threads have you made over the past year and half? In all your threads, there has been more than one user (myself included) who have given you wonderful advice. However, you have taken very little into consideration the helpful tips and ideas we’ve all given you; and we’ve endured losses of best friends, whether they’ve cut off contact or died. Either way, the pain can be incredibly unbearable at first, and a lot of us did not cope and recover from it alone.

You need to talk to a therapist about this, they can help you find ways to cope and get closure. Tort has suggested, and this isn’t the first time it has been suggested, that you seek professional help. You said you would if things get really bad, but then say things are already very bad. A therapist can work things out with you that we’ve just tired of all options with you. We suggested taking up a hobby, we suggested going out and joining social clubs, volunteering in the community, writing a letter.

A lot of us have lost at least one person in our lives, due to either a falling-out or death. We knew we had to deal with it in a healthy way, we reached out to either friends, family, or a professional. Some of us are still dealing with our losses, but it isn’t as severe as it once was because we’ve gained some sense of closure from the help we’ve received. You will never get that feeling of closure and the ability to move on if you keep putting off getting professional help. You need professional help.

Don’t blame your parents. Don’t blame this girl. Don’t make excuses. Do something about it.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 24th 2018, 03:12 AM

It might be like what you said.

I'll try my best.

Darren

screwdriverneedsgas

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 24th 2018, 03:53 AM

don't try dude. make it happen.
"i'll try" is a cop out. imagine your spouse is going on vacation and you tell them not to cheat on you and they say "i'll try". it means nothing, there's nothing to it.
don't say you'll try. say you will. you will do something about this. you will seek help. you will do your best.

THIS LINK is to a suicide prevention hotline. even if you aren't suicidal right now, they deal with all problems, especially depression. i highly recommend, and am almost begging you to take advantage of the help that has been offered to you.
don't try to click on that link. click on that link.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 24th 2018, 08:19 AM

Thanks Jess. I will.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#21 (permalink)) Old
TC123 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 24th 2018, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Yoshi View Post
Thanks Jess. I will.

Just to add something here. There’s a great quote from The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky that really stuck with me. The quote is “I will die for you. But I will not live for you”. I think this really applies to your situation. I completely understand how difficult it may be for you to move on from this girl, but you are really hurting yourself by doing so as others on here have said. That quote is great advice to follow anytime you love someone deeply in your life. You can sacrifice for them and be there to help them but you just can’t build your own life centered around them. If one person is your entire life, you’re setting yourself up for major harm if that person decides to cut you out, as this girl did to you. Create your own life. Love the people you love, but never let them become your whole world. I know this is difficult for you, but if you want to find happiness again, you need to move on and create a new mindset for yourself. I hope you can do this and feel better.

(#22 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 25th 2018, 12:33 AM

It is extremely difficult in every way.

Thanks.

screwdriverneedsgas

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: Things are getting bad. - January 25th 2018, 05:46 PM

Hi Darren,

I will not reapeat what others said here, since I believe that you will read and consider the words carefully.

I just want to tell you that its okay to keep struggling with this feeling. Take your time.

You know? You are supposed to live a long live. There are people who wish to live longer but unfortunately couldn't. Those accident victims everyday, or bed-ridden people, they wished they can live longer. They wished they had a chance to struggle more in their life to do something more useful in their life.

You might think why you had spent 1.5 years still greiving over this loss. I want to tell you to get over it. This is very important for yourself so that you will heal from it.

On the other hand, I want you to realize even more, that even if you lost this 1.5 years, this is not enough to ruin your life! You can keep on struggling with this feeling for a year, or two, or even ten, but its will NEVER be enough to destroy you.

Ten years is very, very long, you know? There is no way anyone can tell the future this far away. Never say that you will never get out of this sadness.

It all depends on how long you will take to get out of it. Of course, you should try to get out of it starting TODAY. And yes, I mean today!

So, I want you to trust yourself. Don't depend on anyone, since the most realiable person, the only person that can make changes, the only person that can tell yourself that it will get better, is yourself! Take your time to slowly overcome it. Try out the methods that others had teach you. If it doesn't work, don't give up! You don't need to depend on others to get better, but others will try to help you as you heal. A good practice is to learn to appreciate these help!

And on a sidenote, you might not realize it, but by starting to help others and make replies to other's post here, is telling you that you are willing to make the first step to do benfits for other people. I am sure they are grateful to you! That is something you did recently in these few months, and I want to tell you that you are getting better!

And I want you to trust us too! I had told you that you will get out of it eventually, and I am not going to give up on you, so you have to put in the effort even more as well! If your current effort is not enough, then work harder untill you suceed, and when you are stuck, you can ask us for more constuctive advice to do something better for yourself.

There can be many people you might want to blame, or you might think that the world had treated you unfairly. But if that's the case there is no way they are willing to change for you. If you depend on them then they will only make things worse for you. Change them for yourself instead! All you have to do is keep working hard untill things get better, on yourself!

Most importantly, never, never, never, never, never say give up.

PS: You see, I actually want to die. But I always told myself I cannot die. So I hope you are the same as well. Keep on struggle, struggle, and struggle untill you see things get better, okay?

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
Closed Thread