TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

How much longer? - January 29th 2018, 10:30 PM

Hello,
So, I have had a break off my depressive thoughts for a couple of weeks now but I feel it all coming crashing down. The stress I'm feeling due to exams is insane. Like, I'm not feeling much, but I'm getting stressed and angry at the fact that I'm not feeling much. I know it sounds stupid. I've not been studying simply because. I need to study. I can get into good unis if I try, but I'm always so tried and just dead. Idk how to explain it.
Now, I feel the waves of self-hatred, and sadness and emptiness and all the crap getting back to me and I stead of being lazy and empty like Ive been for the last two weeks, I'll get back to being sad and overwhelmed and crappy. In both cases I'm getting no work done and I'm failing.
I don't know what to do. How much longer will I go till I reach my breaking point and actually act on my suicidal thoughts? Also, I don't have time for this, my exams are in 4 months and they will decide my entire future for me. How do I pull myself oh of this?
I'm sorry, I know this is more like a rant but I can only get it out here.
I'm sorry.
Anyway, thanks in advance if you reply.

Keep calm and carry on.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Wonderlust Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Sunny

Re: How much longer? - January 30th 2018, 03:29 AM

Don't be sorry!!!
As for the studying, instead of pushing yourself all at once, try maybe 5-10 minutes at a time with breaks in between. Then slowly increase the study time and lessen the breaks.mdo what helps you focus. But don't be studying 24/7, that'll only add to your stress. If you're getting a bit too stressed take some time off studying. The less stressed you are the better your mental health will be. And don't obsess/worry to much about this. Exams are stressful, IK. Both my sister had to take them. And my sister didn't to perfect on the exam and yet, she goes to a top college. These won't be the ONLY deciding factor. You got this. Chin up princess, or else the crown falls. PM me if you need anything. Lots of love, Wonderlust <3

Life's a tough b**ch, but you are tougher. Go show it who's boss. <lots of love and hugs>

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Svisttt Offline
Art Dork~

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: How much longer? - January 30th 2018, 05:10 AM

Hii!

I'm so sorry you're going through all this, I know it's a really rough experience, but I'm happy you're able to come somewhere to talk about this stuff. It's definitely not good to keep all this to yourself!

Like she said above, don't try to study 24/7- give yourself time to do it and be sure to take some breaks. Don't overwork yourself.

Have you tried journalling or writing to try and help out with these thoughts at all? It can be a good way to get your thoughts out if you don't want to or are unable to talk to someone about it! If you don't want to write, there are definitely other creative outlets that might help, and take your mind off things c:

I hope things get better, just know you aren't alone and you deserve to be happy! Feel free to let me know if you need anything.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Juvan2000 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: How much longer? - February 7th 2018, 10:44 AM

Better you consult a behavioral therapist.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: How much longer? - February 8th 2018, 09:19 PM

Hey, thank you all for the replies

Keep calm and carry on.

Closed Thread