TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
shakespeare Offline
Guitarist, Poet
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sam

hi i guess - February 16th 2018, 01:30 AM

I'm not depressed anymore just sad as I realize I don't have a single redeeming feature of any kind, I don't see any point in leading an excruciatingly dull life only managing to burden those around you

With Love!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: hi i guess - February 16th 2018, 02:12 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling so much. I think it is great that you reached out to us about all of this. I know you might not feel as though you have a redeemable quality but that is unlikely to be true. I know that sadness and depression can cause a person to feel negatively about themselves and it can lead to the person to be able to see their more positive attributes.

Do you have anyone you can talk to about what you are dealing with? Maybe a close friend, a family member or an adult at your school? I know opening up about this can be difficult but it can help to have support.

You said that you feel like you are a burden to those around you and I think it is important for you to realize that it is unlikely that you are a burden. I know sometimes people can make us feel like we are burdensome but that is quite far from the truth.

Wishing you the best.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
shakespeare Offline
Guitarist, Poet
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: hi i guess - February 16th 2018, 02:39 AM

I just don't feel like speaking with any people I already know I'm ssure there sick of me anyways, I want to meet new people but I'm scared, and I just don't see any point in being heathy but still unsatisfied

With Love!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: hi i guess - February 21st 2018, 10:19 AM

Hello Something tells me that you have a low self esteem and that you always think the worst of yourself. But... you can beat this. I do think that some mean peoplee have said stupid things to your bout you before, but you should ignore them.

You as an individual should know.. you've your own unique personality, and the way you are.. I can somewhat tell that you're very sweet on the inside. But you're too shy and reluctant to show that side of yours because you might fear that others might take advantage of you.

Have more faith in yourself.. truthfully, the world needs more people like you. You will make the world a better place, so don't be afraid to show what you're made of.

You'll make plenty of new friends, and people will smile around you, because of you!

Much kindness and warmth,
Darren

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
shakespeare Offline
Guitarist, Poet
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: hi i guess - February 25th 2018, 11:35 AM

I'm considering leaving a friend of mine

With Love!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: hi i guess - February 25th 2018, 03:44 PM

Why? Don't do it. Friendships are precious.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Elle_94 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: hi i guess - February 28th 2018, 03:26 PM

Hey there,

I often feel like you do myself. I struggle with my self esteem and always see the worst in myself.

However, I've realised that my perception of myself Isn't always accurate and that I do have good points. You do too, I can't tell you exactly what they are as I don't know you, but everyone has something!

I think you need to try to challenge your thoughts a bit more. I've found it helpful to sit down and write a list of all the things that suggest it's true and all the things that suggest it's not true when ever I find myself thinking negative things about myself. For example, if I find myself thinking I'm not good at anything, I write a list of all the the things I have achieved so far in life, however big or small, to remind myself that this is not true. If you find that some of your negative thoughts about your self are true, then firstly, analyse whether or not it's something you can realistically do anything to change. For example, if you're unhappy with your grades at school/performance at work, you can improve that by putting in extra effort and asking the relevant people to help you. But if you're feeling unhappy about things you can't realistically change, then it's important to try and reassess your thoughts about it. Ask yourself if it's really as bad as it seems sometimes, and every time you think that negative thought, try and counter act it with two positives. For example, "I hate the way my (....) looks but I love my (....) and I'm really good at (....)." That sort of thing. Self improvement is good and healthy but it's important to accept yourself as you are now too. You deserve too.

"But" statements can also be helpful. For example, "I'm not very good at (...) but I'll be much better at it in a few weeks time if I keep at it."

Write a list of all the things you do like about your self. Even if you can only manage one or two things for now, write it down and stay focused on that. When someone gives you a compliment, accept it and write it down. You can refer back to that list whenever you're feeling low.

I'm sure people aren't sick of you. As someone who has experienced that kind of thing I have feeling that it's your self esteem making you feel that way. I often feel like no one cares when my self esteem is low but it's not true. I assume it because I often don't feel I am worthy of care or love when I'm feeling low about myself. But I am. You are too. Everyone deserves to be loved and feel good about themselves.

You're a wonderful human being and you deserve to feel good about yourself.

Good luck.

Closed Thread