TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Arielle keigh Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy What do I do? - February 20th 2018, 07:48 AM

I want to tell my school counsellor that I'm thinking of killing myself but I don't want her to tell my mum, well atleast not have to face my mum. She always is saying 'I've given you so much and your going to throw it all away by killing yourself.' I know that it's that serious that I would have to be hospitalised but I don't want to face my mum. She'll get angry and I'll feel like I've done something very wrong.
Advice?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: What do I do? - February 20th 2018, 04:51 PM

Hello and welcome to teenhelp. Thank you so much for coming on and sharing this with us and joining. You have done a wonderful job.
I am so sorry that you are having a hard time right now. You said that you're thinking about telling you're school counselor about being suicidal and you do not want you're mum to find out and to have her get angry with you for this. The truth is as kids and teenagers we will mess up but when we tell our parents what happened or what we are going through they want to protect us and help us and if they get angry or upset it's because they really care about us and love us so much and they want the best for us. If you're mum is upset with you maybe it will not be that long
and you get the right help that you need.
And nothing is wrong with getting some help. So talk with you're school counselor and let them know that you're having a hard time with this so that you can get help and do the best that you can and to stay calm when talking with them. I wish you the best.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: What do I do? - February 21st 2018, 03:18 AM

I am sorry that you're going through a lot. I am suicidal too ( probably way closer to it ) and I know just how painful it is. But you are not alone..you have got the rest of us too...

I know that you probably won't tell your school counselor what's going on.

But we're here for you. You deserve to be happy, and I'm very sad that someone as young as you is thinking of putting an end to her childhood years.. and probably more.

I just PMed you..

Much Kindness and warmth,
Darren.

You Are More Precious Than You Know.

I put caps all over that sentence because its a phrase you need to remember. Keep it to your heart. Always.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: What do I do? - February 22nd 2018, 02:07 AM

Hey there,

I am glad to hear that you want to talk to your counselor but I can understand your hesitancy. I think you should discuss all of this with your counselor. Let them know that you want help with all of this but you are afraid of your mom's reaction. It is possible that the counselor could help you talk to your mom. Also, if you were to be hospitalized and you were to talk to them about the relationship that you have with your mom it is likely that they might be able to provide a few family counseling sessions to try and help you all get to a better place. I know that when I was hospitalized as a teen family involvement and family sessions were a huge part of treatment.

I do want to say that if you are at a risk of harming yourself it is so much better to reach out and ask for help than to wait. The reason I say this is because if you wait it might lead to you hurting yourself and it would be so much better to try and get help in order to prevent that.

I am here if you need.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread