TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Svisttt Offline
Art Dork~

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Validation - March 6th 2018, 07:01 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I feel so alone. My friend group (they are online, so I never see them face to face) say they care about me, and maybe they mean it, but god, I don't feel like I'm cared for. I feel like I could disappear and it wouldn't matter. I've struggled with self-harm for 3-4 years now, and I told them the other day that I've been doing it, and they were really supportive at first. I feel like they don't care anymore, and I guess that could just be from my depression warping things a bit, I know that can happen sometimes.

I wish they made me feel more valid, and I feel so selfish for thinking that, but I want to feel like the things I say matter. Not empty words to fill up space. Not words that could be written off by short remarks. I took a 4 hour depression nap essentially earlier, because I didn't want to deal with anything anymore and that was a quick way to pass time without me being involved in things. They keep saying they love me, and I want to believe it, but I'm so confused and overwhelmed. I wish I could be alone, because at least then I'd have a reason to be lonely. I wish people didn't have to deal with me anymore.

I barely know why I'm posting this or what I'm asking here, and I'll probably end up regretting putting this up. Thanks for reading it though, I guess.

"hold me
whatever lies beyond this morning
is a little later on."

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Validation - March 6th 2018, 09:39 PM

Hi,
I'm sorry that you are going through a hard time right now. With you're friends, can you try talking with them and letting them know that you are having a hard time with this and you would like to have them help you out and to talk with them about this. Sometimes they may not realize that you are having a hard time with something and then other times they are going through something and are not helping you and you're other friends out. Also can you try talking with you're parents and letting them know that you are having a hard time with this and also try letting you're school counselor or a teacher that you can talk with about this.
When you get the feeling to self harm, try getting you're mind off of this, going for a walk or putting on music, or grab a ice cube or hot or cold drink or funny TV shows or movies to make you laugh and to help pick you up or until that feeling is almost gone. I hope you will be okay soon. Hugs.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
rabbit-32 Offline
run rabbit run
Not a n00b

Name: Gina Maria

Re: Validation - March 7th 2018, 04:35 AM

I am sorry you are going through such a rough time right now. *hugs* Im here to listen

Pm me about anything&everything

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Validation - March 7th 2018, 04:58 PM

You matter. No matter what the world does to you or how people around you treat you, you're a sweet individual whose feelings matter, whose smile illuminates the room you currently occupy. You aren't a burden, you are a blessing... Try to keep that in mind. The thing about you is that..

you aren't just you... you are You. You're a compassionate human being who fully deserves the blessings life has to offer.

I'm here if you wanna rant.

Much kindness and warmth,
Darren

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Svisttt Offline
Art Dork~

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: Validation - March 8th 2018, 04:32 AM

Thanksss dudes.

"hold me
whatever lies beyond this morning
is a little later on."

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: Validation - March 8th 2018, 02:19 PM

Welcome. Frankly I didn't help that much, but you can always talk to me.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread