TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
_serendipity_ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Heather

It's starting again - May 27th 2009, 02:46 PM

A while ago, like a few weeks or so, I got really depressed.
That's when I first came here.
Then, all of a sudden I started feeling better.
But lately, little things are bothering me again and I'm afraid of feeling like I did then.
I've been wondering lately if I am bipolar though. I've done research and some things seem to fit. Mainly right now, the high feeling. I'm really hyper a lot and just want to be moving around.
But the depressed feeling are coming back to me, and I am so afraid of that because last time I had some really bad thoughs. And I was cutting myself then. And since I started having the hyper feelings I haven't felt like it.
I've been like that way for a while. It's just lately things have been more like, I dunno how to describe. Like the symptoms are more magnified or something.
I'd love to hear from people who are, that way I know if it's that or just something else.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I'm a vampire
Not a n00b

Name: Dylan

Re: It's starting again - May 27th 2009, 03:05 PM

Well you don't have to be afriad. I'm bipolar and I sometimes have the same problem. But no matter what you are feeling on the insde you can get out of this. I understanding the confusion of your emotions and i want you to know that i can and will help you if you want me to. I'm here for you

MUSIC = LIFE
  Send a message via AIM to Phoenix Enforcer  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
x_muse Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Mary

Re: It's starting again - May 27th 2009, 03:06 PM

Hey Heather (:

It's wonderful that you recognize the pattern returning and are willing to help yourself by getting it out in the open and searching for help. I personally do not have bipolar disorder but it might be a good idea to talk to a psychiatrist--at least someone you trust and feel confident that could help you in this situation. There is nothing set in stone until you get things diagnosed and figured out. It will all work towards the better!

This is a great start to getting the help you deserve and need. Sometimes things don't get better at first and it may take a few times to work through the rough patches, but the good is still in sight! You are a strong person. It might be a good idea to check out the Alternatives thread for self harm if you feel like there is a chance of things returning.

Talking about it is important and also trying to understand everything that happens during this time. Maybe locating anything that could be causing these feelings to return? Make a list and see if it identifies anything.

I hope everything works out and you feel better soon!
Send a message my way if you ever need to talk.

Mary.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: It's starting again - May 27th 2009, 03:10 PM

Heya, Heather. [:

Well, I suppose I'm a few weeks behind on this, but nonetheless, welcome to the boards. I'm Katrina and I hope to see you around in the future.

Okay, first I want to remind you that we're not medical professionals. I know good and well that you are already fully aware of this, but please don't let anyone here "diagnose" you. On that note, self diagnosis is a tricky, tricky thing and it can get very, very dangerous. See, what happens is we diagnose ourselves, right? Then we go researching our own diagnosis and we find all of these terrible, terrible symptoms. Even if we don't physically have then, they're now on the front of our mind, so we start to FEEL like we have them, which stinks kind of a lot because it can make us feel worse than we did before. So, yeah. I know you're a smart girl and will be very careful, but I just felt inclined to remind you in this post.

Anyway, I highly recommend that if possible, you do go and get professionally taken care of just so that, if nothing else, you won't be left worried and wondering about possibly being bipolar. Take care of yourself, kay?

Anyway, moving on. I know you mentioned self harm a bit and I was wondering, have you checked out TH's Self Harm Alternatives thread? If not, you can find that [here]. If you haven't seen that, I highly recommend that if you have time, you do check it out [and I'm not just saying that because Shaz and I recently redid it, heh]. We took people's TH ideas for the last four years and combined them into one list by feelings. So, if you were feeling alone and sad one day, there would be a section for that. If you were feeling angry and restless the next day, there's also a section for that! Pretty neat, ey?

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
_serendipity_ Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Heather

Re: It's starting again - May 27th 2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
Heya, Heather. [:

Well, I suppose I'm a few weeks behind on this, but nonetheless, welcome to the boards. I'm Katrina and I hope to see you around in the future.

Okay, first I want to remind you that we're not medical professionals. I know good and well that you are already fully aware of this, but please don't let anyone here "diagnose" you. On that note, self diagnosis is a tricky, tricky thing and it can get very, very dangerous. See, what happens is we diagnose ourselves, right? Then we go researching our own diagnosis and we find all of these terrible, terrible symptoms. Even if we don't physically have then, they're now on the front of our mind, so we start to FEEL like we have them, which stinks kind of a lot because it can make us feel worse than we did before. So, yeah. I know you're a smart girl and will be very careful, but I just felt inclined to remind you in this post.

Anyway, I highly recommend that if possible, you do go and get professionally taken care of just so that, if nothing else, you won't be left worried and wondering about possibly being bipolar. Take care of yourself, kay?

Anyway, moving on. I know you mentioned self harm a bit and I was wondering, have you checked out TH's Self Harm Alternatives thread? If not, you can find that [here]. If you haven't seen that, I highly recommend that if you have time, you do check it out [and I'm not just saying that because Shaz and I recently redid it, heh]. We took people's TH ideas for the last four years and combined them into one list by feelings. So, if you were feeling alone and sad one day, there would be a section for that. If you were feeling angry and restless the next day, there's also a section for that! Pretty neat, ey?

I know, I was just wanting to hear from other people who had it.
And I keep stuff like that in mind when looking up symptoms. I think of what they are before I go looking them up so I don't somehow start to think I have something I don't.
I've been trying to see someone, like, this woman I know is going to take me to this place she knows of that helps people. Only problem is being able to go with her because my mom doesn't like her (long story short, they used to be friends then my mom got pissy about small things and they're not anymore) So once I can figure out how to get away for a day, I'll be good.
Annoying thing is I'm 18, but still really have no freedom like I hoped.
I did see that list last time and tried some of the things it suggested

Closed Thread