TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Not in danger anymore, but I've completely lost my emotions. - May 15th 2018, 07:37 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of death or grieving, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm like a calm river without any waves in it. Things that used to elicit a response from me now elicit nothing.

Things that used to make me feel happy.. make me feel nothing.

Things that used to make me feel sad ... make me feel nothing.

Things that used to make me feel anxious.. make me feel nothing.

So, I don't know . This is either very good, or very, very bad.

I also feel very empty.

Help.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Not in danger anymore, but I've completely lost my emotions. - May 15th 2018, 09:22 PM

There are a lot of things that could have caused this for you. I think the longer ones depression/sadness goes on the more likely it is that we become numb/emotionless/empty.

There is a possibility that by trying new activities that you will be able to elicit a response. I know, in the past, that when I was not able to feel much I would be able to elicit a response by doing new things such as reading a genre I didn't tend to gravitate towards, doing an activity I hadn't done before. It is possible that trying new things will help. The biggest thing that will help is if you work on finding a therapist that you are comfortable talking to.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Not in danger anymore, but I've completely lost my emotions. - May 16th 2018, 03:08 AM

Thank you. I'll try to get into new things. Maybe.. they might be able to bring those happy days back.

Am already seeing one.

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: Not in danger anymore, but I've completely lost my emotions. - May 17th 2018, 06:55 AM

hi yoshi! i'm so glad you took the initiative to see a therapist. it seems like it may be helping you to recognize your emotions more and hopefully it will help you in trying to find the source of your numbness.
something that really helps me hone in on how i'm feeling and why i'm feeling that way is meditation. even laying down on the floor and listening to music that reflects how i'm feeling tends to be very therapeutic for me. perhaps trying an activity like that would help you to clear your mind?

if all else fails, funny animal videos on youtube can always make me smile. sometimes all you need to do is find something that can make you smile, and go from there.

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Re: Not in danger anymore, but I've completely lost my emotions. - May 17th 2018, 04:55 PM

Thanks Jess ~ I'll take your advice and probably try to listen to music and maybe meditate.

Am watching funny animal videos on Youtube and I guess it'll take some time, but I still like kittens.

screwdriverneedsgas

Closed Thread