TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SerenitysAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Abigail

Exclamation I Think I Hit an Invisible Wall - May 23rd 2018, 07:43 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I feel like I hit an emotional wall. I moved recently and it was kind of like "Hey you just got out of the hospital, here's another fistful of life to make you miserable" Yeah, so I got out of the hospital a while back and was at home for about a week before moving foster homes. New school, friends, parents, bedroom, and pretty much a new life. I've moved foster homes six times and know its not easy. I've grown kind of numb to it. When your passed around from family to family you loose the ability to trust or love anyone which pretty much prevents me from ever being adopted. Who would want to adopt a 15 year old suicidal girl anyway? I'm struggling with this. Why should I keep living if all I am is a burden? Part of me knows this Isn't true that I'm more then that but the other half is pushing me to do something I know is stupid. I don't know what to do,
BTW I'm not telling my foster parents how I'm feeling or nothin'. I'm not sure I trust them to respond in the right way...
Thanx for reading

When I'm alone, I think; when I think, I remember; when I remember, I cry; when I cry, I can't stop; so don't leave me alone

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I Think I Hit an Invisible Wall - May 24th 2018, 02:04 AM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are having to deal with so much. I have done some volunteer work with Foster children in my community and I have heard from them about how hard it can be to be a foster child. I wish I had some solid advice on that but all I can say is that things can get better for you. I know there are probably a lot of fears, concerns and other emotions that come along with being a foster child. I want you to know that people here on TeenHelp will support you to the best of our ability at least until you are able to get support offline.

I am wondering if you have anyone you can talk to? Could you reach out to a teacher at your new school or the counselor? Maybe if you could talk to them on a more regular basis it would help you to feel less alone.

Do you have any healthy ways to cope with your feelings? If you can work on building healthy coping skills it might be a way to work on getting through times such as these. The more coping skills you have the more equipped you might feel to handle the things that come your way.

You mention that you don't trust your foster parent's, I am wondering why you feel that way? Is it because they are new people and you aren't sure about them yet or is it something more?

Wishing you the best and if you need anything feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Normalgirl_ Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jess

Re: I Think I Hit an Invisible Wall - May 24th 2018, 03:21 AM

Stay Strong <33333

"If God brings you to it, he'll help you through it"

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
SerenitysAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Think I Hit an Invisible Wall - May 29th 2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Bibliophile:. View Post
Hey there,

I am sorry you are having to deal with so much. I have done some volunteer work with Foster children in my community and I have heard from them about how hard it can be to be a foster child. I wish I had some solid advice on that but all I can say is that things can get better for you. I know there are probably a lot of fears, concerns and other emotions that come along with being a foster child. I want you to know that people here on TeenHelp will support you to the best of our ability at least until you are able to get support offline.

I am wondering if you have anyone you can talk to? Could you reach out to a teacher at your new school or the counselor? Maybe if you could talk to them on a more regular basis it would help you to feel less alone.

Do you have any healthy ways to cope with your feelings? If you can work on building healthy coping skills it might be a way to work on getting through times such as these. The more coping skills you have the more equipped you might feel to handle the things that come your way.

You mention that you don't trust your foster parent's, I am wondering why you feel that way? Is it because they are new people and you aren't sure about them yet or is it something more?

Wishing you the best and if you need anything feel free to message me.
School's so close to being out I don't want to burden a teacher or counselor with my messed up life.

Some of my healthier ways of coping are reading, drawing, and listening to music.

I find it hard to talk to my foster parents because I can't tell them anything without them preaching to me. I mean I don't mind listening to "what God has to say" and all but sometimes I just need them to be supportive. And also if I say anything that makes them think I'll hurt myself or anything they'll put me back into the hospital. That's one place I'd like to stay away from.

When I'm alone, I think; when I think, I remember; when I remember, I cry; when I cry, I can't stop; so don't leave me alone

(#5 (permalink)) Old
SerenitysAngel Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I Think I Hit an Invisible Wall - May 29th 2018, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normalgirl_ View Post
Stay Strong <33333

"If God brings you to it, he'll help you through it"
I like that. I believe God is holding my hand through all of this and someday He will take me home. Although I Know its wrong I wish He would take me home sooner. I like the quote:

"God gives the hardest battles to his strongest soldiers"

Closed Thread