TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

There is no hope on others. - August 19th 2018, 11:05 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I think I understand why nothing can help me.

No one or nothing can help me to get out of suicidal depression. I cannot ask for help since it is a waste of time.

It is selfish to ask for help while I dont improve. I can only depend on myself. This is what i think. I will depend on myself. I cannot die anyway.

There is no hope on others. I am very sorry.

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: There is no hope on others. - August 19th 2018, 01:58 PM

Asking for help is never a waste of time. People might not always understand or know how to help, but they will still care and want to support you in some way.

It is also not selfish to ask for help, even if you feel you aren't improving. When we are so critical of ourselves, it's easy to feel that we haven't improved at all, as we may see small things as insignificant or feel that we should have improved more. Other times, maybe we feel that with help, we still haven't improved, and that's okay too. It takes time and can be trial and error trying to find something that does help us.

Even though you are very strong and feel that you can only depend on yourself, I hope that you learn that it is okay to lean on others and ask for help when you feel low. Recovery is never straight forward- there will be ups and downs and moments where you feel you aren't getting anywhere. But that's all the more reason to reach out for help. You deserve it!

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: There is no hope on others. - August 21st 2018, 05:49 PM

Why would people want to help me? I cant do any good so why help me? I am useless

I dont have any friends and so they wont want to help me?

How can they make me feel interested in life again? or in math which was once my life interest? How can they cure my sister who is epileptic?

It's my fault. They shouldnt be the one to help me to fix it. I cannot die untill my value (all i have to do) in this life is over.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
FrozenRobot7 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danielle

Re: There is no hope on others. - August 22nd 2018, 12:34 AM

Asking for help is never a waste of time, you just need to make sure you ask the right person. There will always be selfish and rude people in the world that only care about themselves, but there will always be people who want to help you. You may not recognize that now, and maybe it’s not people you know in real life. People on this website and many many more and more than willing to help you, and so am I. You have helped me though some extremely tough times, and I truly want you to know that I am here for you whenever you need me. I care about you and truly hope you get better, and please please PM me when you need help with anything❤️❤️

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: There is no hope on others. - August 22nd 2018, 08:41 PM

People will want to help you simply because you are suffering and they won't want you to feel this way. It doesn't matter what you can and can't do (and depression in general can make you feel useless when you aren't!)

I'm sorry to hear that you don't have any friends. That said, there will always be someone in your life who will support you and if there isn't, then it's worth reaching out and getting to know others to expand your options of support.

Depression can take away our interest in things and while no-one can bring it back, having supportive people around you can help. One of the things that I learnt is that with depression, we often feel like not doing anything, but the trick is to do something and our mood may improve slightly. If you don't feel interested in math, maybe try something different and get back into math when you do feel more motivated. And while it's unfortunate that your sister has epilepsy and no-one can cure it, it can help to have someone listen to you about your feelings.

It's not your fault. You aren't a burden either. We all go through our own struggles, but many find that builds their compassion for others that struggle too. People can try to help, if you let them. You are also more than the value you put on yourself too.

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: There is no hope on others. - August 23rd 2018, 02:35 PM

I think it is hard for general public to understand that for some having depression, the ability to reach out itself is already a problem.

For my case i think i am fortunate. I am not yet totally recluse to a point of cutting myself from the internet world.

For some, their inability to even reach out and talk to people for whatever reason it may be, is a main source of depression.

I mean, reaching out is definitely not easy. It is something that must be solved first before we can talk about how to fix problems with other's help

Today I learn a philosophy that the world is how it meant to be and it's the best possible outcome one can possibly have. I beg to differ. I don't believe people generally think that can't do anything to change their lives. It must be because i am stupid that I cant make a change.

I really don't care how i feel, all i hoped is i can make things better but i failed.

Last edited by Thinking; August 23rd 2018 at 03:11 PM.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: There is no hope on others. - August 23rd 2018, 07:03 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. Breaking out of severe depression is very hard. I do think that you can get better though; it might take time and it might feel impossible because you have to constantly tell yourself it'll be better and you don't really believe that if you're depressed. I think that this is why you need help though, you need other people to tell you it can be better eventually and get help with strategies to help change the thing.

I was wondering if you have access to a therapist or support groups in your community? Maybe that can help you.

Closed Thread