TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FrozenRobot7 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danielle

donít see a purpose in life anymore - August 22nd 2018, 12:40 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Keeping this short and sweet because nobody wants to hear me go on and on about the same thing. My friends only care about me when they donít have anyone else and my parents get too busy for me. I love my family and I donít want to hurt them, but my pain outreaches what pain they would feel if I was gone. I donít feel any true happiness anymore, and just fake happiness, which only makes me more sad. Donít know how to feel better. Need to feel better.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: donít see a purpose in life anymore - August 25th 2018, 06:49 PM

We do want to listen to you so please don't feel like you have to keep things short. It can help to get things out of your system!

I'm sorry to hear that you feel your friends only care about you when they don't have anyone else. Ideally, friendship is a two way street and shouldn't be about convenience. Do your friends know how you feel? Some times friends may not realise that how you truly feel and that can lead to all sorts of problems. If possible, try talking to them and asking them for their support to help you feel better (even better if you can come up with specific ways to help make you feel more included and not just a friend when no-one else is there).

Parents do get busy, but they should still try to spare some time to spend with you. Again, they may not realise just how busy they are or that you are feeling a bit left out, so it's worthwhile trying to open up to them about how you have been feeling. Your pain is real and valid, but it cannot be compared to how your family would feel if you were gone. They love you and would be truly devastated if anything happened to you and they would carry that with them for the rest of their lives. I'm sure that they would prefer to try to understand how you are feeling and try to help you get through this.

Depression can suck the happiness out of life, but don't feel like you have to fake happiness either. It's okay if there are things that you usually would feel happy about and now notice you aren't. It's understandable that you feel sad about not being able to experience real happiness anymore but you will be able to experience positive feelings again. In the meantime, try to be gentle on yourself and keep reaching out to others.

If you haven't already, you may want to consider getting professional help whether that's medication or talk therapy such as counselling. There are all sorts of treatment options that you can try to help you overcome the depression.

Hang in there

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

Closed Thread