TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Felt like giving up! - September 1st 2018, 02:19 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[SIZE="a"]I feel like just giving up on LIFE! I am having a hard day. Everything is just making me upset, I keep crying and I feel like who cares if I just give up. Today I'm depressed and hurting a lot. I can't make this pain go away. What do I do?[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Felt like giving up! - September 1st 2018, 05:25 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry you are struggling so much. I imagine it can't be easy to be dealing with all the things that you are. I am wondering if you know the things that are causing you to feel this way? If you can identify your stressors you might be able to work on finding healthy ways to cope.

It might be helpful if you find someone to talk to. If you can it might help to talk to your school psychologist. I know that most schools offer one and you might benefit from speaking to them about these things. You shouldn't have to deal with all this on your own. If you cannot speak to the school psychologist it might be a good idea to find another trusted adult to talk to such as a parent or teacher.

Lastly, I think there would probably be a lot of people who would care if you gave up. Please know I am here if you need anything. Feel free to message me anytime.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: Felt like giving up! - September 2nd 2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH Anonymous View Post
[SIZE="a"]I feel like just giving up on LIFE! I am having a hard day. Everything is just making me upset, I keep crying and I feel like who cares if I just give up. Today I'm depressed and hurting a lot. I can't make this pain go away. What do I do?[/size]
Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to the Teenhelp forums. It is not easy reaching out and I appreciate the courage it took to ask for help.

I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time with life right now. You mentioned having a hard day and I hear how one or more hard days can get really stressful really fast. It sounds like things may be piling up and you are feeling overwhelmed with emotions.

One thing that you mentioned is crying a lot and feeling like it won't matter if you were to give up. It sounds like you may be feeling forgotten, alone and/or isolated from others which is very common with feeling depressed because it becomes a vicious cycle of feeling alone and feeling depressed over feeling alone and feeling alone over feeling depressed and other complex intertwined experiences like that. If you have old friends, sometimes a small message like "hey, how's it going?" gives you an opportunity to reconnect. I do understand and appreciate that feeling depressed and socializing or reaching out does not always work out. However, I do encourage you to intentionally set the goal and even if you do not do it right away, but a few days or a few weeks down, it would be a great step that you do for yourself.

Right now you are in a dark place but it will not last forever. Try to hold onto memories of joy and even if you cannot feel it, remind yourself that you can feel that again. It just takes some work but it can happen and it is possible. Try to take on the perspective that the challenges you are going through and the pain that is overbearing right now is an opportunity for growth. Learning about yourself, others and life is sometimes acquired by really rough circumstances. We do not know why difficult things or bad things happen to good people but as individuals we can try to gain something positive as we climb out of the dark hole and we strengthen ourselves to not slip back in as easily. Eventually we might even find the strength to assist others by helping them help themselves through their own darkness.

I just want to let you know that teenhelp is here for you and if you ever feel like ranting about what's on your mind or need a safe space to process your emotions and thoughts, you are welcome to come here as anonymous or use any other part of our site.

Closed Thread