TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
wanting_you Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: MaryRose

ive tried so many times - May 28th 2009, 06:42 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Ive tried so many times to kill myself. I never go through with it. I will sit in bed at night crying with a razor in my hand and cut it across my skin so that i can see the blood. It feels so much better when i do this. but it always goes away and i cut again so i dont have to remember why im hurting. It seems like i dont have a reason to live anymore. Nothing ever works out. I just want to get away from it. Not to be here any more. It doesnt make sense any more.

Last edited by SimplyComplex; May 29th 2009 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Added self harm prefix for describing self harm :]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: ive tried so many times - May 28th 2009, 08:01 PM

Hi MaryRose (Beautiful name)

The fact that you have tried so many times to end your life, is an obvious reason not too. Im very glad that all your attempts ended in failure. Thats such a sign, you have something to live for. You may not know it. Cutting is dangerous, you know that. Is there anyone you could talk to....a counsellor, a teacher?

Things may not work out now, but if you put motivation & efort into positive things, then stuff will begin to work out.

Its horrible feeling suicidal, & I know it doesnt make sense. But you can pull through.

You have a talent in the way you express yourself which is very good. Maybe you should start writing things down when your angry or upset.

Anyway PM me, if you want to

& Get some help immediatly if you are feeling suicidal.

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Junior TeenHelper

Re: ive tried so many times - May 28th 2009, 08:58 PM

Hey there MaryRose

Personally, I think that because you've tried so many times, and it hasn't worked, that's a sign that you should keep on living!

People care about you, and nobody wants to see you go. Try talking to a counsellor or someone you trust deeply about this, they may be able to help. Professionals can help more then you can imagine, and until you've tried it you'll never know!

Try and stay strong, nothing is stopping you but yourself, I know you can do it

Good luck with this, keep your head up and if you need to talk ever, my PM box is always open.

-Dylan

(#4 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: ive tried so many times - May 28th 2009, 08:58 PM

Hey Mary,

I know what it feels like to want everything to just go away but killing yourself isn't going to help anything. Life is hard and sometimes it seems like it's not worth living BUT you have a purpose and you will be happy that you are alive one day. Life might be ugly sometimes but I can promise that it's also a very beautiful thing as well.

These feelings sometimes really don't make sense but don't worry, you're NOT alone. You can overcome this. I remember when all I used to think about was suicide but you know what, each day, I feel stronger. Each day, I know that I'm here for a purpose, it's hard and it's a battle but ITS WORTH IT. I can promise you that! I'm always here if you would like to talk, you can always PM me and I will listen.

Don't Give Up Hope and Hang in There.
<3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

Closed Thread