TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Unhappy Things haven't been good recently - September 23rd 2018, 12:29 PM

[SIZE="a"]**Sorry for the long rant, I just need to get my feelings out. I hope this is the right place to put this.**

I just don't know what to do anymore. Whenever something good happens, it never lasts. Earlier this year, I finally started going out with the guy I had been in love with for a long time, only for him to end it 4 days later. More recently, I moved out and got my first job, only to lose it after 2 weeks and move back in with my family. What is wrong with me? Most people my age are either at university or working, most of them have passed their driving test and have their own car, and some are even moving out and living with their boyfriends/girlfriends. Right now, I have no job, no car or driving license, and have to rely on my parents for everything. I feel like a waste of space. I'm trying to find another job but it is so hard as recent events have beaten all the confidence out of me. I'm trying to stay strong and positive but there are some days where I just feel like giving up.[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount28

Edit avatar

Re: Things haven't been good recently - September 23rd 2018, 02:51 PM

I'm sorry to hear you have been going through a difficult time lately. It sounds like you've been through a lot, and that can certainly knock any self-esteem out of any individual.

I know you said you don't drive and that a lot of young people your age are at university. Do you think it's possible to look enrolling at a university, either in your area or far away, so you can focus on your education. I know there would be transportation issues, but perhaps you can live in a dormitory or near a shuttle that goes to and from campus and your apartment? Just a couple thoughts.

Do you have anyone you can talk to in the meantime? Such as a close friend or trusted adult. Or another option is looking into programs that offer peer-to-peer mentorship programs. Just a couple extra thoughts to help you along your way.

I wish you all the best. Don't hesitate to reach out with more questions or any updates if you want to.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Things haven't been good recently - September 23rd 2018, 09:03 PM

Thank you for reaching out to us!

I know that a lot of people who currently don't have jobs, live at home, don't have cars, and their in their late 20s to early 30s. You're definitely not alone, things take time. Try not to beat yourself down too much about it. Everyone struggles trying to find jobs, I find job hunting is very stressful. I have sent out many resumes growing up and even still took a while to find one!

I hope things start getting better for you soon.

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Re: Things haven't been good recently - September 24th 2018, 04:03 PM

[SIZE="a"]Thank you both of you for your replies.

I decided against going to university for various reasons, mostly because I felt like it wasn't the right path for me. I was actually hoping to go back to college to do an apprenticeship course in October. Unfortunately, in order to do the apprenticeship, I need to be employed. Therefore, I can't go to college until I find another suitable work placement. I know it's possible, but it was difficult to find one, to begin with. I just have to keep asking around, but my anxiety is holding me back.

I do have a very close friend who I have been talking to about my problems. He lives pretty far away from me but we text each other every day and I'm hoping to meet up with him this weekend. I'm also going to look into getting some counselling.[/size]

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Things haven't been good recently - September 24th 2018, 11:17 PM

I really hope meeting with your friend happens and that it helps. It's brave that you're willing to look into talking to someone, it's definitely not easy to do!

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Name: Me

Re: Things haven't been good recently - September 25th 2018, 01:10 AM

I recommend filling out multiple job applicantions. There's the chance of rejection or not getting called back but one out ten applications could be your next job. When I was job searching I filled out applications for fast food, cafes, retail, first job kinds of things. Most fast food restraints don't require experience.

I know many look down on fast food jobs but remember "its better than no job."

And definitely help out your parents. Cleaning, grocery shopping, babysitting, what ever they need.

Focus on what you want to fix first. Job, most likely since things cost money. Once you have a job and settled into it, find the next step. Car or house? Maybe the college class. Pretty soon, things will be alright and maybe you'll meet a new man to fall in love with.

I can reach out
To someone not like me
If you ask for help it doesn't make you weak

Closed Thread