TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
FrozenRobot7 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danielle

sadness has somehow become apart of me - October 14th 2018, 05:07 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

for some reason society has drilled in into my head that i can only be happy and beautiful if i have a boyfriend, which i somehow believe is the truth. i am a junior in high school and still havenít had my first kiss, which actually makes me sick to my stomach because that makes me believe that im not worthy of love. i hate my body and everything about me. im ugly and disgusting and not worthy of life. i know to any sane person this sounds so ridiculous, but i canít stop being sad all the time, which just makes me feel more worthless because i canít pick myself up. i know this is hard to follow and all over the place but im sad because it feel like nobody will ever love me and that makes me not even want to see the light of the next day. again, it sounds like im being dramatic and over exaggerative, but i feel like my self worth goes lower and lower every day because of how low my self esteem is. i donít know how to express this to anyone, and i donít know how to feel better. i canít have this keep going on because i know how valuable life is, but it feels like i donít even want to live anymore.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: sadness has somehow become apart of me - October 14th 2018, 04:45 PM

Hello. I do think you do need more faith in yourself. You're currently living in a society that sort of drums into you the idea that you're only pretty, happy and wholesome if you've a man in your life, but truth be told... you're deserving of love. You're deserving of happiness, joy, laughter, play and bliss.

Don't let societies ideas define who you are. You're perfect the way you are, and you should learn to live happily. There're people out there for you, and it doesn't matter if they're a hot guy or anything else.. as long as they make you feel happy.

You'll find someone who loves you.. in fact, you're already loved. You're loved. Very,very much.

Take this from someone who once doubted himself a lot. You're a sweet blessing who deserves to smile and give life a second chance. Life will give you all the happiness you want.

You can count on me , always.
Darren

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: sadness has somehow become apart of me - October 16th 2018, 11:46 AM

Hey Danielle,

I'm so sorry you're feeling this way, but I can tell you first hand I know how it feels. I am 23 and haven't been kissed/kissed anybody. I discovered I was aro/ace a while back, but when I was in my teens and all of my friends were starting to date I thought something was wrong with me too. The thing is, you said it right. The world makes you think that kissing people and crushes and dating are the be all and end all of your self worth - but that isn't true. I'm good friends with many people who are not in relationships now, and it starts to matter a little bit less as you get older because there is more to you than who has a crush on you. You're much more than someone elses opinion of you. And I know that's hard to believe at times - I struggled (and still do) with this a lot, but it takes work and reassurance from yourself and not necessarily others, to understand that you're a person all of your own and you don't need to be kissed or anything like that to be loved and cared for.

My advice to you would be to practice taking care of yourself. 17 is young, even though it might not feel it. You have so many years to find someone who will love you. It might happen tomorrow, in 5 years time or longer. You might meet multiple people who think you're amazing. But if you wait for someone else to make you love yourself and boost your self esteem there's always a risk it might also make you feel worse when or if things don't go to plan. Perhaps you can keep a diary or something, and write in it every day. I sometimes do this, and I will try to write down positives, either about myself or about the world so that it forces me to focus on the things that aren't bringing me down. You could do the same with art or photography too - draw or take pictures of things that make you smile, so you have something you can look back on to remind you that things can be better.

That being said, don't ever feel like you can't be sad. It's ok not to be ok, and there are parts of life that make it hard to be happy at times, and your feelings are legitimate and real, so you deserve to feel them and acknowledge them. TeenHelp is a great place to come and vent, and no matter how bad or good your day is going, know that we're here and we will listen even if what you're saying seems messy and hard to follow. We don't mind!

I hope you're doing ok and this helps a bit. Take care of yourself.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
raget Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: sadness has somehow become apart of me - November 7th 2018, 08:33 PM

I think you need more faith in yourself. You will still find a person who loves you the way you are!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
bellamor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Isabella

Re: sadness has somehow become apart of me - November 7th 2018, 10:40 PM

The first step to happiness is by loving all your flaws. We all have one, we are not perfect as much as we want. I also believe that everything will happen at the right time and in the right place. I don't think that having a boyfriend will complete you, take a look the people who really love and believe in you. Enjoy every moment while you are young, do not rush on things. Do it not because you want to receive love by because you love yourself.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Fllagald Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: sadness has somehow become apart of me - November 8th 2018, 02:21 PM

Believe in yourself and you will succeed and everything will be fine. No one will believe in you any more - than you yourself. Remember this.

Closed Thread