TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

I'm done trying - October 19th 2018, 03:57 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Why should I go on if it never gets better? Clearly I can't get better, and I'm done trying. I failed at getting the schoolwork done in time, and there's nothing else left because I sacrificed everything for school and helping other people and I apparently fail at both of those. I'm ready to go. There's no reason to stay if I just keep suffering and hurting the ones I love by failing at recovery.

"Just open your eyes and see that life is beautiful..." ~Sixx:A.M.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adele101 Offline
Average Joe

Re: I'm done trying - October 19th 2018, 04:01 PM

I don't know about failing at schoolwork, but that's happened to all of us. Sometimes, you need to fail ten times before you can succeed once.
As for helping people, you're amazing at that, and that's plain fact! You've been on here for 7 years now, imagine how many people you've helped in that time.
Finally, if you give up now, that will be the greatest pain you'll cause the people you love. You're saying you want to give up to save them the pain of you not recovering, well at least you're alive and breathing, you're there for them. If you give up, God knows what'll happen to them, so that's definitely not an excuse.
I don't know what you've gone through in your life. But you're definitely strong for surviving it up until now. Whatever it is, its horrible, but it will come to an end. Everything comes to an end. We just need to be patient and hold onto even the tiniest ray of hope that things will get better.
I really hope this helped, and if you ever need anything I'm here.

Keep calm and carry on.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I'm done trying - October 20th 2018, 04:10 PM

Honestly I'm so done with college. Every semester has sucked. I'm on my fifth year, and I'm supposed to graduate this December. If I fail a class or more, then I won't. College doesn't give you 10 tries. With classes in your major, you get 2 tries per class, and most classes if you fail one exam/assignment, you're basically screwed for the whole semester. I can't afford yet another semester, and I don't have energy for yet another semester. I don't even want to finish school because it's made me so miserable. It's too late to drop out because I'm in too much debt. I wish I had just dropped out freshmen year. I've thought about it every single day of college. Usually multiple times per day. I can't face the shame of it anyway.

And I've only kept myself alive the past several years for other people. I'm always guilt tripped into staying and suffering longer for them. I'm tired of it. Life has only kept getting worse. I don't have energy to help people anymore, and I usually just end up causing more harm than good. So if I'm not helping others, I might as well end it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I'm done trying - October 31st 2018, 11:50 PM

I really don't know that I can hold on anymore, and I don't see the point in trying anymore.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I'm done trying - November 6th 2018, 11:32 PM

I just think it's good to help people, but sometimes, you need to focus on yourself. Only when you're at a point where you're thriving, you have the liberty to be of assistance to other people. Feel free to take a break , but remember.. you're stronger than you think.

I have faith you'll be okay.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
bellamor Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Isabella

Re: I'm done trying - November 6th 2018, 11:51 PM

The path success is never easy, you will undergo a lot of circumstances. I don't think that giving up will help you, actually, it will only make you feel depressed that you didn't give it a try all over again. Think about your family and friends who believe in your capacity. You can take a break but you can should never give up. Lastly, we are all here to cheer you up, just as what you do to help others inside and outside of this community.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm done trying - November 7th 2018, 02:30 AM

Very nice post and also very informative too. Thanks for sharing here a useful article.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Tigereyes Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I'm done trying - November 7th 2018, 05:07 PM

There's no reason to focus on myself. I am nothing. Giving up would help because I wouldn't be here to suffer anymore. No one belives in me. They just expect me to succeed, but I have no support. Only reason I've held on as long as I have is for others, but now that I've lost everyone, what's the point?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
raget Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I'm done trying - November 7th 2018, 08:28 PM

I think you should not worry about it, it will still get better

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Bree

Re: I'm done trying - November 8th 2018, 12:02 AM

You are doing everything you can to convince yourself that you should die. We believe in you. We support you. We care about you. No one wants you to die. School is not worth dying for. I’m sure your friends and family love you and do not want you to die. You need to seek professional help and either call 911, go to a therapist and tell them your thoughts, tell a family member, or go to a hospital. With every post you make I see you speak worse and worse and appear to convince yourself further, I fear for you. I want you to seek help. You don’t have to do anything else, don’t worry about anything else. #1 priority is your life and your mental health. THE REST CAN WAIT. THE REST WILL WORK ITSELF OUT. I promise.

If it is meant to be, it will be.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: I'm done trying - November 9th 2018, 04:46 PM

You still have us. You'll never lose us.. and as life goes on, you'll meet new people and things will improve. Life will be rosy again. Have faith!

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

Closed Thread