TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Skeleton Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Charlie

i don't get it. - May 28th 2009, 10:54 PM

This past week I've felt extremely tired, down and just drained of my energy. I feel like either sleeping or crying but I can't do either, like I don't have the strength to get up and do anything and even if I did it wouldn't be worth doing. I just don't see the point in anything and want to give up. I get really impatient and every little thing annoys me and I can't concentrate on anything properly which just makes me more impatient/annoyed. It's the worse feeling in the world because I just feel so low and everything and I don't understand why I feel this way when later on I'll feel perfectly fine and my mood can just suddenly change to being like this and to being happy. As I've said, I can't work out why I suddenly feel like this and why it's suddenly came on since everything is going well enough for me to be happy. It's getting me down even more because my girlfriend won't talk to me when I feel like this which just adds to it because then I feel extremely alone as well as everything else.

I just want this feeling to go but I can't figure out what is making me feel like this to fix it. :[

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Paddy Offline
Glad TH is back!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Paddy

Re: i don't get it. - May 28th 2009, 10:59 PM

Hey there Charlie!
I'm so sorry about this feeling, it's pretty tough
I understand how you feel, not knowing why you feel, - the way you do.
can be pretty confusing/irritating.

If you're like me, my bed & going for a walk brings out the best of my thoughts and emotions i could think a genious too sleep.
but yeah - when you think, and have no other distractions you relise and figure out whats playing on your mind.

And my councellor allways says - have a good break, feeling down drains you emotionally, just like fitness does physically.
and a good break, treat your self too a dvd, some sweats..pop and lay in bed all day.

have a 'charlie' day!!
and relax

The worries will seem alot less heavier and if anything abit easier too cope with.

take care, give me a shout if you need a chat.

If you live for ever?

what do you live for?

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ARootlessTree Offline
ಠ_ಠ
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Toz

Re: i don't get it. - May 29th 2009, 12:04 AM

I don't know why, but when I'm feeling like this (which I do occasionally), I find some solace in walking next to a body of water, preferably a lake or pond. There's something about any park with a big pond that's very soothing. Try it out

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: i don't get it. - May 29th 2009, 01:50 AM

Charlie,

I can honestly say I know how you feel. Unfortunately, the advice we get to help us through rough times like that isn't the most helpful. The situation isn't as simple as being able to "get up" and "push forward." Sometimes, this type of problem occurs over time and gradually builds within us, until we can actually notice a significant change. I can understand how disheartening it must be, to feel so good and then suddenly so bad. Sometimes, we need to learn not to read into the sudden changes as something wrong with life or anything we can change on our own though.

To me, this sounds like it could be something wrong with the brain or chemicals inside it. I'm not a doctor, but your moods aren't supposed to suddenly fluctuate from intense emotions. If you have no problems in your life and nothing to worry about, then your mood should be relatively stable and normal. So, if I were you (which I was at some point) I would discuss this with my doctor. You don't want to let this carry on too long and worsen. You do deserve help and treatment. The same way you deserve to feel good about yourself. You don't need to rely on medication from the beginning, you may simply need to discuss your problems with a professional, however, I do think getting a professional involved is a good start to solving your problem. The sooner the better because leaving this allows it to implant into your brain and believe wrong or negative things about you or life itself. We don't want to allow these feelings to have control. You are in control.

As for right now, I find being with people helps a lot. It allows me to let loose and be myself. I can always forget about worries and troubles when I'm with certain people, which allows me to stop thinking about how I feel and simply feel it for myself. Try to start a journal about how you feel and why you feel that way. Even before you begin seeing a professional, because it might allows for easy ventilation of emotions and this can help with a steady flow of emotion. It's always very important to remember you have control and you can push through this. It isn't forever and you're never alone okay? There is always someone to come to and always someone willing to listen. If you need anything, don't be shy to PM me. Take care of yourself.

-Have faith.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Emzy Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Emma

Re: i don't get it. - May 29th 2009, 09:09 AM

Charlie, I don't understand either. I try so hard to make you happy, and you tell me it works, so why do you feel so down? It makes me feel like it's my fault. You see, this puts ideas in my head, and then we argue, that's why I say I won't talk to you because all we do is argue when one of us is in a mood, and because we didn't talk yesterday, there wasn't an argument. You get meeeee?

I wish I could stop you feeling like that, because I'm trying to help you yet nothing seems to work. And it leads me back to what I said last night about you telling me you were just letting on your happy, or something like that. But we have amazing days like wednsday, so I don't understand why you're so upset and tired, but you know where to find me, and you know I'm always there, plus ontop of all this you know I love you & would do anything, so don't do anything stupid cos I'll have to hit you even more! xxx
  Send a message via MSN to Emzy Send a message via Skype™ to Emzy 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Paddy Offline
Glad TH is back!
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Paddy

Re: i don't get it. - May 29th 2009, 02:13 PM

^^ This girl loves you as shown above.
And i can tell you both have somthing special.
so Emma & Charlie.. If you really want, you can make this work
you both seem really special to each other and cute ><

Take care.

If you live for ever?

what do you live for?

Closed Thread