TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Michaela

Fed up - November 28th 2018, 11:34 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I am really starting to get fed up with life, my medication just doesn't seem to working, my depression is actually getting worse. Not sure if I'm having a bad reaction to the tablets. Every day I feel tired, constant headaches, loss of appetite, wanting to harm myself. I just can't seem to shift all of the feelings and I can't talk to anyone about them, I literally have nobody

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Fed up - November 28th 2018, 05:22 PM

Hey Michaela, I'm sorry to hear that thing are not going well for you. Have you spoken with your doctor to perhaps adjust the dose or get a new medication that will work better for you? Also, are you in therapy? It sounds like isolation and feeling like you have no one to speak to is a big problem, having a therapist might be really beneficial. I've also heard really positive things about support groups for people with depression and anxiety that might be worth your time looking into

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Noire Offline
When is the future?
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Fed up - November 28th 2018, 05:27 PM

May I ask why you feel there is no one to talk to? Sometime sharing the burdens of mental health struggles can be really helpful. If your medication doesn't seem to be working for you, do you have a psychiatrist or PCP you can talk to about changing it? You should be able to find the meds that work for you. Please let us know!

Love joins
Love unites
Love breaks us apart
The power to conquer here in our hearts
Enduring and sacred
Eternal as time
For love, love alone will conquer all

"A Million," by VNV Nation
  Send a message via Yahoo to Noire  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Michaela

Re: Fed up - November 29th 2018, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceCommander View Post
May I ask why you feel there is no one to talk to? Sometime sharing the burdens of mental health struggles can be really helpful. If your medication doesn't seem to be working for you, do you have a psychiatrist or PCP you can talk to about changing it? You should be able to find the meds that work for you. Please let us know!
I have an appointment with my GP tomorrow to see if I can change the medication. My family are complicated to talk to about mental health problems, they think that because I suffer from depression that I am a terrible mum to my daughter. I could talk to my GP about it while I am there tomorrow and see if that helps.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: No Name

Re: Fed up - December 1st 2018, 04:25 PM

Hi Michaela, I am so sorry you are struggling right now. First off, I am glad you have an appointment with your GP to discuss your medicine. Your GP might be able to adjust or change the medicine to help you out with the side effects you are experience at the moment. I know I am on several medications and at times they feel like they just stop work and then my Psychiatrist just does some tweeking with me. She tells me my body adjusts to the dose or even the medicine as a whole and it needs to be raised or changed. That is possibly what you need right now. I hope this works for you.

I actually can sympathize with you about times I feel I cannot talk to people about my issue. I have severe trust issues because of the situation I went through and it is very difficult for me to open up. My Therapist has also told me that the first step or the first word out of your mouth is the hardest and I suppose for both you and me both being here on a Teen Help forum is saying something positive about both of us in that area.

Closed Thread