TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Is it? - December 20th 2018, 11:20 PM

[SIZE="a"]Is it wrong to try to feel happy for Christmas? I don't want anyone mad at me. Or think I'm a horrible person for not being upset or depressed because she's not with us anymore. I feel sad and I'm hurting right now because I don't have her in my life anymore. But I wanted to try to be ok on that day. It makes me feel sad and hurting a lot that I couldn't buy her anything for Christmas. I keep crying and feel down a lot. Can't make this pain go away.[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
#1 Grace VanderWaal fan
Not a n00b

Name: Zoe

Re: Is it? - December 20th 2018, 11:43 PM

You can try as hard as you want to control your emotions but deep down you will still know how you feel inside and to be honest I think so will your family and friends and I think they will and should understand that you would be somewhat sad. I have depression and one thing my therapist has always told me is never hold my emotions inside and try to hide them. I do understand what you are saying about this being a special day but you also have to think about yourself.

Darkness Keeps Chasing Me~ Grace VanderWaal

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Hailey12 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Hailey

Re: Is it? - December 20th 2018, 11:58 PM

I don't think there's any wrong way to feel! Emotions are complicated, and however you feel is okay, and I wouldn't try to fight it. It sounds like you're really struggling, though, so are you able to reach out to family/friends/a therapist? The holidays can be a really, really tough season for a lot of people, and reaching out to people who can support you often makes a big difference.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Tiffers95 Offline
Here to help
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Tiffany

Re: Is it? - December 23rd 2018, 08:02 PM

TH Anonymous, you have to deal with your own well being first before worrying about pleasing others. Like the others have stated keeping your emotions hidden inside can do more damage to you then just being yourself on that one day and showing them. I suggest if there are young children around you might want to remove yourself from the room if you feel as if you need to cry, but other than that be yourself.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Recommencer Offline
Articles Writer
Average Joe

Name: Kylie

Re: Is it? - December 24th 2018, 09:07 PM

No, it's definitely not wrong to feel this way. The holidays can be a hard time for a lot of people, for all kinds of reasons. For you, it sounds like you lost someone very important to you, and Christmas can be incredibly difficult when you're in the process of grieving someone or something. It's completely understandable that you'd feel this way. Is there someone you could potentially reach out to for support during this time? If not, please know we're all here to support you.

I'm so sorry you're going through this. I wish you all the best.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
FireKO Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Is it? - January 1st 2019, 08:26 PM

I wish you to stay strong and to face peace and happiness as soon as possible!

Closed Thread