TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Hurting - February 25th 2019, 01:09 AM

[SIZE="a"]Why is it hard to let people in? Why is it hard to say what the problem is? Why do I push myself away from others? Why do I do this? I'm stupid for doing this. I need your help but scared of letting people in. Why do I keep doing this? What is wrong with me? I feel so sad now and want to cry, because I hurt so much. I hate my life, want to give up. Hard to let people in, don't want to bother them with my problems. I feel like I'm in a dark room and I can't get out. What do I do? Hurt so much. Always feel sad and depressed and can't make it go away. When I go to tell someone this I shut down and push myself away. What does it matter anyways. Want to give up forever, everything is going wrong. [/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Recommencer Offline
Articles Writer
Average Joe

Name: Kylie

Re: Hurting - February 28th 2019, 10:58 AM

Hey there,

I'm glad you reached out to us here. I'm so sorry that you're going through this, and I want to say that you're not stupid at all. Letting people in can be really scary, especially when you're talking about something so personal; it's understandable that that would be extremely hard. I think there's always that fear that you'll "bother" other people, or that they'll judge you for the way you feel.

It's important that you know, though, that there are people who want to help you and who want to make sure you're safe. It sounds like you're struggling a lot with suicidal thoughts right now, and I encourage you to let someone know so that you can get the support you need in order to stay safe. But I know that's much easier said than done, and as I said, it's understandable that this would be very hard and scary.

I know you said that you shut down when you go to tell someone. Could you possibly write them a letter explaining how you feel? Then you can just hand it to them and won't have as much pressure on you to explain it all. I often find that I express myself better in writing, so this is a technique I've used in the past for a variety of things.

I also want to tell you that you're not alone, even though I know it might feel that way. We care about you and want to make sure you're okay. Reaching out here was a huge step in letting people in!

I hope this helps a bit. Please keep us posted and let us know how things are going.

Take care,
Kylie

Closed Thread