TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

There's nothing I can do - March 1st 2019, 09:50 PM

[SIZE="a"]I wasn't born into the right family to be able to do what I want and at my age I can't make enough to do it alone. Theres no family I can stay with or that can/will help, telling my school anything would just put me in a situation to be out on the streets and I also have work that I wouldn't be able to get to. Itll affect school too.

I'm not sure what to type, more has gone on than I'm able to handle. I'm extremely tired and have no money to eat some days. I feel like I should die today ... I've wanted to for so long that it's all I want now... i tried to do it but .... I just wasn't born in the right home to be able to happy[/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Doglover2 Offline
Just a hooman
Average Joe

Name: Me

Re: There's nothing I can do - March 2nd 2019, 02:34 AM

Sometimes, it seems that way. Unless your family was born with millions of dollars in their bank accounts, they probably struggled as well. Do you have a job? I know its not easy to get one, but many fast food places and chained retail don't require any experience for team members. Many may look down on those jobs, but in reality, those jobs are better than no job.
Is it possible to find a roommate? I'm unsure of how to find one but someone here should.
As for school, it depends. You may have to drop any unimportant classes for your goal.

I hope this is helpful in anyway. We're always here.

I can reach out
To someone not like me
If you ask for help it doesn't make you weak

(#3 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: There's nothing I can do - March 3rd 2019, 03:52 PM

Hey there,

I am sorry that you feel stuck in your circumstances. Money is tricky because while it won't buy happiness, having your basic needs met is very important to your well-being. You mentioned your age playing a factor to make matters worse but you did not mention your age. It sounds like you're in high school but I cannot be sure. If you are ok sharing your age, that would be helpful to saying more about how to problem solve.

One thing to keep in mind is that painful situations do come to an end. Change and growth is not just possible, it is realistic if you are willing to work on improving your situation both environmentally and emotionally and keep going when it seems like you're at rock bottom. Your story is not over yet, the pen is in your hand.

If there was a princess held in captivity who knew she was a princess and had a family and friends and a kingdom who loved her, her attitude would be different than someone who did not know their worth. Know that you have Teenhelp and you can hopefully build a support network offline too.

Working towards health and healing takes a lot of time, effort and persistence. Not everyone is willing to move out of their comfort zone in that way. At the same time sometimes being in survival mode diminishes a person's sense of stratagizing and planning for the future. If you think it may help, maybe you can tell us more about what you're going through and how you got to a place where you're unable to afford food. That along with your age can allow us to explore some ways to get through this. While we cannot always change the situation, we can certainly try to and we can also try changing our outlook as well as improving the moment for what it is. I would like to talk to you more about this, if you're open.
Let us know how you're doing. We care

Closed Thread