TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Taylah Offline
Average Joe

Name: Taylah

I want to kill myself. - March 26th 2019, 03:39 AM

I never know where to post this. Like would anyone actually care. As far as I know I have one person in my life that does actually care for me. That is it. It would be better for everyone if I was just dead.

If you ever need to PM/VM me you can if you want
Clean since 13 July 2013 (I think)
Zach ♥️ 4/4/16
Zach 💍 25/9/18 (unofficial)
Zach 💍 14/10/18

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I want to kill myself. - March 29th 2019, 04:39 AM

Hey there,

I don't know that it would be better for everyone if you died. I know that it might seem like that though. You said you have one person that cares about you and I can bet that one person would be heartbroken if you weren't here. I struggle a lot with feeling like it would be better to die and sometimes what helps is reminding myself of the reasons to stay. It might be hard to find a reason but there are probably some out there. Is there anything you hope to do in the future? Try and remind yourself of the things you are looking forward too.

It might help if you looked into counseling options. A counselor could help you work on figuring out ways to cope with these intense thoughts. Finding coping skills for when you are feeling this way could end up being beneficial.

It sounds like you are struggling a lot and I want you to know we are here for you and we will do what we can to support you. Keep hanging in there and if you need anything feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Latte Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: I want to kill myself. - March 30th 2019, 08:44 PM

I just want you to know that people care. For example, even though I don't know you, I would care if you died. No matter what happens, it's heartbreaking when someone dies who didn't "need" to die (e.g. because of an accident, suicide as opposed to cancer or something). It would be devastating if your life was cut short before you have a chance to realize all that it has to offer you. Most importantly, you deserve to live for yourself.

Can I please strongly encourage you to seek out mental health treatment? I've been in therapy for years and take medications. I know many other people who have also benefitted immensely and recovered from thinking about suicide because they got amazing medications and therapy. You're life has meaning and you can get through this even if it doesn't seem like it right now, so please please please seek out help, a doctor in your community can get you the meds and referrals to therapy that are needed.