TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Name: Saria

Exclamation HELP PLZ!! I really wany to just give up!!! - May 30th 2009, 12:18 PM

My mum suffers from depression and has recently attempted suicide. This really hurt me and made me feel really depressed. Before she attempted suicide I had been going through a time of feeling depressed and self-harming and wanting to commit suicide myself. I was going to tell my Mum about it because everyone kept saying she would understand because she has depression but it turns out she doesn't understand and doesn't care either. I really can't cope now. I feel so suicidal at the moment. I really, really want to give up so badly.

What are someways I can get through this and stop feeling the way I do???

(#2 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: HELP PLZ!! I really wany to just give up!!! - May 30th 2009, 03:43 PM

Siara,

Im so sorry for what you have been through. I know I have never been through anyone attempting suicide so Im not going to pretend I know how you feel around that. It is going to be natural to be feeling very down after something like this though. Have you got anyone else to be with right now? I think it might help if you weren't alone. What about other family members or one of your friends? Remember that your mum probably didn't mean to hurt you, you know how she was feeling so maybe you could both support each other. It might seem like she doesn't care about you but Im sure that actually she does. I know lots of people who think I don't care about them because when I feel very down I just distance myself from them and I think a lot of people feeling this way do that too.

Please don't give up on life though. You can see how much suicide hurts people, you know how it feels to almost somebody to suicide so imagine how hard it would be if you actually died. Im sure you don't want to do that to other people because trust me you mean the same to others. There are people who can help you through this you just have to reach out to them. I think it could help if you talked to your doctor who can help you with this or refer you to somebody who can help. In the meantime just take things a day at a time, that can sometimes make things easier when your suicidal.. Do things for yourself, take care of yourself. Think of your favourite things to do, favourite things to eat, favourite people to be with and surround yourself with them. The most important thing is to talk, share how you feel with people, a problem shared is a problem halved. If you don't have anyone to talk to talk to us, talk to me. I really hope you don't give up.

Take care,
Jen

PM // VM

Last edited by L'espoir; May 30th 2009 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Sorry, I thought you had written that your mum actually had died but she hadn't. Apologies x

(#3 (permalink)) Old
i_am_me_again Offline
I'm A Pyschotic Neurotic.
I can't get enough

Name: Jaymi

Re: HELP PLZ!! I really wany to just give up!!! - May 30th 2009, 09:35 PM

Hi Saria

I am so sorry about whats going on at the moment. Things must be difficult. Not just for you, but your mum as well. I cant even try to imagine how much pain you are in. And how much pain your mum is in.
Depression is horrible - that I do understand.
Suicide I also understand.

What I know about suicide is, that, thats it. Theres no second chance. If you are at rock bottom, then you cant get any worse, so instead of wanting to end it, just think, if things are at their worst then they can only get better.

Its not a nice feeling losing someone to suicide. Iv had 2 friends who have commited suicide & in the majority of hospitals Iv been in someone has ended their life.

I think you would benefit from not staying alone. Have you got anyone you CAN talk to, like a teacher or counsellor?

Its not fair for your mother & you, if you cant talk to each other about this.

If your struggling with thoughts of suicide then you should get to a hospital. In the mean time, you, and your mum deep down need each other, even though its hard to talk to eacvh other.

Have you tried family therapy...

Anyway....

If you want to talk to me, my Inbox is always open.

Please keep your chin up high & think positive. You can do this

Jamie
xx

HelpLink Mentor & Forum Moderator

PM me!

Our lives are like music.
It hits its high and low notes,
But in the end,
It all turns into a perfect melody
  Send a message via MSN to i_am_me_again  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: HELP PLZ!! I really wany to just give up!!! - June 1st 2009, 12:34 PM

OMG!! I can't keep doing this. My life seems to be falling a part and I just can't take it. It has gotten to the point where I am actually thinking of ways to end my life and I can't stop. Someone please help. Who is there to talk to when I want to take my life?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: HELP PLZ!! I really wany to just give up!!! - June 1st 2009, 04:05 PM

Im sorry you are thinking about ending your life but please don't do it. Its really not worth it, things always change and they always get better. If you want somebody to talk to about this then you might want to check out this thread called "Who can help me when Im suicidal" [click here]. There is also a thread of hotlines which are good too [click here]

PM // VM

(#6 (permalink)) Old
floatingangel Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: HELP PLZ!! I really wany to just give up!!! - June 1st 2009, 05:23 PM

hey hun, i can sort of relate to what you feel.. my mum has depression too and i find it impossible to talk to her..
is there anyone else outside of the family who you can talk to? take it not only as a way to help yourself but also your mum..... it's really hard to stay out of depression when someone close to you is falling apart too.
if you can't find anyone to talk to for now, rant all you want on the forums. know that your voice is heard...
there's always a way out and it's never too late for everything to get back on track. i know how cliched that sounds, but it's true and you have to believe in it. (:
i know you want a way out of this, and i'm going to tell you that it's not going to be easy, and there might not be a clear cut way out of what you're feeling. what you're feeling is not wrong, and you can't control it. but you can control what you do, and you can choose to get help for yourself and your mum. (:
i pray that you can hold on through this storm in your life...
take care!

and the voice of truth tells me a different story
the voice of truth says "do not be afraid"

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Saria Offline
Average Joe

Re: HELP PLZ!! I really wany to just give up!!! - June 2nd 2009, 07:19 AM

I do understand what you are all saying and I do appreciate it, its just i can't seem to believe and convince myself that things will get better. verything is so overwhelming and I feel as though everyone that I acually know doesn't understand or care about me.

Closed Thread