TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CelestislOceans Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Sam

What am I doing anymore? - May 17th 2019, 12:08 AM

So I've been invested in a couple of things for most of my school year, most importantly theatre and chorus. But the end of this week marks the end of all of that and starts my three-month-long summer vacation which I will spend wallowing in misery and pain as I work all of my waking hours.
I guess what I'm getting at is that I'm a bit scared now. The shows I've been in and the chorus concerts have been the only thing keeping me alive, along with the daily contact with my friends. Even during spring break when I was only alone for a week, I became increasingly more suicidal. But now that the school year is almost over and everyone will be too busy to talk to me, and I'll be working all the time, how can I stay alive?
Sorry, none of this makes sense. I just wanted to get this out.
I just don't feel like I have much time left here. I've exhausted my worth during the season this year. The one thing keeping me alive now is my friends, but they'll be living their own lives during the summer. They probably wouldn't even notice if I were to disappear until the school years started again.
I'll shut up now, sorry.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: What am I doing anymore? - May 21st 2019, 04:11 AM

Hello

I do think you need even more contact with your friends and also new interests. From your story, I can tell you don't really look forward to much. One key is to increase your range of interests and also get in contact with someone who'll listen in some way.

You also need to get in contact with a psychologist and be put on meds, but it might be worth your time to find the joy in life again without it ... but if you really feel like it's too much to handle, get some help asap.

You should try to get your friend's contact numbers and keep in contact with them. Spend time with them too during the holidays. You'll be shocked by how much they want you around. Friendships mean a lot to teenagers and anyone with a warm heart

Keep the faith. Things will get better. It might be worth your time to take up some new classes like martial arts or cooking and meet even more peeps. You'll be surprised by how much your world can expand if you give it the chance to show you even more wonderful things.

Everything will heal, even your emotional wounds.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Butterfly. Offline
spread my wings and fly
Not a n00b

Name: Jen

Re: What am I doing anymore? - May 24th 2019, 10:47 PM

Hey there! First of all, I want to let you know that there is no shame in reaching out for support. I think it is very brave of you and it shows that you are looking for a safe, healthy solution.

You say you will be working all summer; but will you get any time off, say after hours or the weekend? Maybe you can make plans with your friends ahead of time to set up a couple evenings or weekend days to hang out when all of you are available.

Is there any other way to keep in contact with your friends besides face-to-face interaction? Text messages? Phone? Social media? I suggest reaching out to them if any of those options are valid, and let them know they can reach out to you as well. Definitely keep the line of communication open between everyone. There's nothing wrong with that! It doesn't make you needy or clingy.

I wish you all the best. If you need to reach out again, don't heaitate to do so.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Ishaan25 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: What am I doing anymore? - May 29th 2019, 04:08 AM

, I became increasingly more suicidal. But now that the school year is almost over and everyone will be too busy to talk to me, and I'll be working all the time, how can I stay alive?

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Green Yoshi Offline
The screwdriverneedsgas!
I've been here a while

Name: carwithnogas

Re: What am I doing anymore? - May 30th 2019, 12:34 AM

If I were you, I would probably try to find something you can get into to tide you over. You'll need more enjoyment in your life. Life is weird: Anything you like can eventually become one of the many reasons for you to live.

It's called a tunnel because there's ALWAYS a light at the end.

rant to me if there's anything!

http://www.teenhelp.org/private.php?do=newpm&u=27464

screwdriverneedsgas

As usual... pm me if you are ever having a tough day, and I'll respond immediately.

You guys deserve to be happy no matter what.. okay? You people are a bunch of lovelies ... and no matter what, you people deserve to be happy.