TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Michaela

Heartbroken - June 4th 2019, 07:22 AM

I don't understand why he has left. If he loved and cared as much as he was telling me then he would have stayed I feel like I'm destined to be alone. I'm nearly 30 years old. Yes I have a chronic illness, but if he loved me he would have stuck by me, not run off when he realised there was no cure and that I am stuck with it for the rest of my life. I am honestly devastated, really depressed. I thought he was the right one, he was so kind and caring but in the end he showed his true colours.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Butterfly. Offline
spread my wings and fly
Not a n00b

Name: Jen

Re: Heartbroken - June 4th 2019, 06:42 PM

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being alone. There are greater priorities in life than having a partner. If the right one ever comes along for you, then great; but focus on living first. Do you have friends or family you could spend time with, go on outings or vacations? Or grab a cup of coffee or go to the movies with during both your spare times? Are there any volunteer opportunities in your area? Check them out. There's going to be plenty of those now that the summer season is on. Where I live, volunteer opportunities are plentiful this time of year; so you should definitely be on the look-out for them.

I wish you the best of luck.

Articles Writer.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Michaela

Re: Heartbroken - June 4th 2019, 07:25 PM

[quote=Butterfly.;1341946]There's absolutely nothing wrong with being alone. There are greater priorities in life than having a partner. If the right one ever comes along for you, then great; but focus on living first. Do you have friends or family you could spend time with, go on outings or vacations? Or grab a cup of coffee or go to the movies with during both your spare times? Are there any volunteer opportunities in your area? Check them out. There's going to be plenty of those now that the summer season is on. Where I live, volunteer opportunities are plentiful this time of year; so you should definitely be on the look-out for them.

I wish you the best of luck.
[/QUOTE

There are a few people I can go out for coffee with. I keep applying for jobs, and I have asked at my local charity shop if they have any jobs going, they said they are going to let me know