TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Nickylk Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicky Lk

Bad thoughts - September 28th 2019, 03:49 AM

So lately I have been having bad thoughts about harming myself or ways that I could just end it....

I am not going to go into depth of it but I feel trapped in my living situation and my family makes me feel guilty when I say I want to move out.

I just cant anymore. My depression has gotten worse over the past couple weeks, im always irritable....

Everyone ive talked to has said "why don't you just move out?" because its not that easy for me. I don't have good credit, I have multiple credit cards I am paying on. I don't have car that's mine.....I'm trapped and I feel like theres no way out.

Edgar Allen Poe "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling-my darling-my life and my bride, in the sepulcher there by the sea".
  Send a message via MSN to Nickylk Send a message via Yahoo to Nickylk  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Odyne Offline
The Goddess Of Pain
I've been here a while

Name: Lucy

Re: Bad thoughts - September 30th 2019, 03:25 PM

Hi Nicky <3
First of all: BIG HUG

I've been through something like you, and it's hard, I know.
But don't hurt yourself, okay? I'm sure you're lovely.

Just send me a PM if you want.
I'm here for you

Hugs from Lucy

private message & visitor message
I'm here for you, if you need to talk.

“I am beginning to measure myself in strength, not pounds. Sometimes in smiles.”
Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FrozenRobot7 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Danielle

Re: Bad thoughts - October 6th 2019, 08:02 PM

First off, just know there are always alternatives to any situation, and hurting yourself is not one of those alternatives. Do you have any friends you can talk to about this and everything with your home life? If you can't get out of the living situation you're in, then at least talking to someone around you will at least get it off of your chest and out into the open.

If you need someone to talk to, my pm's are always open

Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end- John Lennon❤️❤️

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I can't get enough

Name: Sarah

Re: Bad thoughts - October 7th 2019, 02:27 PM

I've been in a similar situation. It's not easy. It feels like you're a towel being constantly wrung out. Being stuck at home is incredibly hard and the isolation is even worse. More so when living with family because their behaviour can add to the pressure you face when you can't leave home.

I don't know if you're able to because you mentioned you're paying on multiple credit cards, but you could consider seeing if you can take up some form of education that requires you to move long-distance to study. Possibly one that you can be financed for. It's not really a complete solution to the problem, but it does give breathing room, independence, and a way for you to play your future without family interference. I ended up doing this and it honestly helped a lot. Sure I had to return to living with my family, but the whole atmosphere was different when I returned, I was treated differently, and my family behaved a lot differently too.

If this isn't possible, as suggested, you could try chatting with a friend and come up with a solution, or maybe you could stay over with them for a few days to help give you some breathing space. In addition, you could see if any friends/family would be willing to sub you some money to pay off any fees since usually there's no interest involved, just the direct return of the money loaned.

Regardless of whether these options do/don't pan out, take one step at a time, look at your options for paying back any money owed on your credit cards, try not to take out loans or other finances that require you to pay a return with interest because this will only deepen any debt you may have and make things worse.

If you have a job, calculate your finances, your incoming and outgoing fees and see what you're left with. See which debts you have to pay and how much they are, then organise paying them off in terms of one at a time if possible, or at least trying to pay off some in a smaller return than another one so you can 'focus' more on paying off one debt at a time, and eventually that debt will cease to exist so you can focus on other ones.

Life is for living, not for losing.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Flexderec Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Bad thoughts - October 30th 2019, 05:58 AM

Step by step and never give up. Never gonna stop.