TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Done. - November 18th 2019, 11:37 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Would anyone notice if I died? Like seriously, I could kill myself now and no one would care.
I've pushed everyone I care about away, if they haven't run away already. I'm sorry. I'm done

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Serendipity. Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Re: Done. - November 19th 2019, 12:05 AM

Hi Jenny, I am so sorry to hear you are struggling right now. Why is it you think you've pushed everyone away? Thank you for coming on here and reaching out to us, I think this means you know people still care. I still care even though we haven't really spoken in a few years.

I know you said you've pushed everyone away—which I doubt is true—is there a trusted medical professional or therapist you can reach out to? It definitely sounds like you are going through a rough patch right now, and it would help to have someone face-to-face who can help you through this period.

Feel free to reach out again and reply if you want to, I am thinking of you.

HelpLINK MentorCommunity Mentor Articles Writer Newsletter Editor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
coolkid98 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jenny

Re: Done. - November 22nd 2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly. View Post
Hi Jenny, I am so sorry to hear you are struggling right now. Why is it you think you've pushed everyone away? Thank you for coming on here and reaching out to us, I think this means you know people still care. I still care even though we haven't really spoken in a few years.

I know you said you've pushed everyone away—which I doubt is true—is there a trusted medical professional or therapist you can reach out to? It definitely sounds like you are going through a rough patch right now, and it would help to have someone face-to-face who can help you through this period.

Feel free to reach out again and reply if you want to, I am thinking of you.
I have distanced myself from everyone, but on a brave face everyday. I've been to the doctors but they aren't much help and have been on the waiting list for therapy for a while now.

I can't do it anymore.

I'm here if anyone wants to talk, I'm always here. Feel free to VM or PM me

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Serendipity. Offline
HelpLINK Mentor

Regular TeenHelper

Re: Done. - November 22nd 2019, 09:47 PM

As humans, we are social creatures. Isolating ourselves will just make us feel worse and more depressed. I suggest you figure out why you isolated yourself from everyone and work from there. Is there something that happened, you think people hate you for it? Just a question to think about, and I think a therapist would be able to question further nad get to the root of the issues even better than you or I.

Speaking of which, doctors are extremely tricky when it comes to mental health. I am glad you are trying to advocate for yourself, and it stinks your medical team won't listen to you. Perhaps you can try to write down all your symptoms and actions—such as pushing people away, etc—and present it to your primary care and state these are the reason why you need a therapist? Insurance is also another factor to consider, so this could be an additional topic to bring up to your primary care, see if they are able to refer you to a therapist that takes your insurance.

Meanwhile, I suggest you focus on the hobbies you love even if you've stopped doing them. Remind yourself why you have those hobbies and what you love about them, give yourself a reason to do them again. It doesn't have to involve other people; even solitary activities (to an extent) can make us feel good about ourselves. For me, I enjoy blogging about what's on my mind and this is actually a feature TeenHelp has! So if you want to use that, go right ahead. Just an example.

Definitely do reach out again for support and I hope someone else provides insight.

HelpLINK MentorCommunity Mentor Articles Writer Newsletter Editor

(#5 (permalink)) Old
gjoiiks Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Done. - December 5th 2019, 06:13 AM