TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lifeless562 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Depressed and tired of my life - May 31st 2009, 05:33 AM

I've been depressed ever since me and my ex girlfriend broke up. The main source that triggers my depression is her. We started off very happy. While we were together we made promises to
To each other. One of the many promises she made was that no matter what we will always be together. When we were together she seemed so real she showed that she really loved me. She treated me rite and with respected. As months pass by she starts to change. There would be days when she would show me a lot of love and days when she would act like a stranger with me. I got so attached to her and I love her. I gave up family members for her I did a lot for her. Now that she turns me down I feel so depressed I feel like I have nothing else I cry day and night. I have trouble falling asleep and when I wake up I cry. I'm tired my of my life at this point. I don't know what to do I'm going insane.
r
  Send a message via AIM to lifeless562  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Qwazi Offline
Formely Known as 747
Average Joe

Name: Adam

Re: Depressed and tired of my life - May 31st 2009, 05:40 AM

Hey, your ex should be the depressed one. You sound like your an amazing bf and it's HER LOSS for her to ruin that. You said yourself she didn't give much back in the end. A relationship is a two way street and if she's not giving you love in equal measure then she doesn't deserve you.

Formerly Known as 747

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: Depressed and tired of my life - June 1st 2009, 04:13 AM

Hey,

I'm so sorry things are so rough for you right now. Personally, I can't fully relate with you from experiences of my own. I've never been lucky enough to share the love you have with someone. Though, I know close family members who have gone through the same as you have. It can be above difficult to cope with. Feeling so strongly for someone and having to deal without them in your life is a pain no one ever wants to have to handle.

I can understand how hurt you must be. You are entitled to have time to grieve over what you lost. It's expected. I don't know anyone who wouldn't hurt after feeling so strongly for another person. And I know the promise made probably meant a lot to you, but try to understand things from her side. That's a big promise to make so early on. Especially with a relationship like dating. It's difficult to love people. Though, love is a wonderful feeling, it's never easy. A promise like that is one of the hardest to keep and I think can easily be made. Once we make such a promise though, we see what it means to keep something so big. It mean promising yourself to one person for the rest of your life. In a way, it was like marriage. Just because she isn't dating you, doesn't mean she no longer cares for you. Sometimes, people just aren't meant to be. I realize it might not feel like that for you, but the relationship would never be whole if it was only you loving her.

You have an extremely huge heart and she is missing out on that. Just as you are missing out on her good qualities. Just because she didn't stay with you, doesn't mean there isn't someone else who will. Maybe you weren't meant to be together. Her leaving enables you to find someone who will stay forever. Try not to be sad it's over, but glad it happened. With everyone we meet, we get to carry something on into another relationship. You are a good person and you don't need someone else dating you for that to show. It's always there. Sometimes, when we stop looking, the person we're supposed to always be with comes along when we least expect it. If you believe and keep trying, something good will happen. And you'll be able to learn from other relationships to make the new one last longer.

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lifeless562 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Depressed and tired of my life - June 1st 2009, 05:36 PM

Hey,

I really though she was the one. I knew her for 5 years. Through out those 5 years I never though that we were gonna end up in love.. She was a family friend so we basically went every where together. That's why I though she was the one, she was rite there in front of me this whole time. We didn't look for each other things between me and her just happened . And now that I don't have her its hard to believe how she could just walk out.
  Send a message via AIM to lifeless562  
Closed Thread