TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Temperance Offline
Mi Vida Loca
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jess :)

Unhappy Existential crisis - December 12th 2019, 08:52 PM

So itís been an incredibly emotional and frustrating 24 hours and Iím really not stable at all right now, and feeling like Iím having a bit of an existential crisis which means the most random things are making me irrational and making me cry.

I just randomly started thinking about the what ifís? Some past and some future ones. One thatís hitting me is the what If my SO and I hadnít been the ones to get our Lucie, where would she have ended up? Anyone else ever have that moment with their pets?

But on the other end Iím also thinking of the existential what if? What if Iíd never existed or if I could finally pluck up the nerve to just let the darkness consume me for the last time... Iím sure, now more than ever that nobody truly needs me and that Iím more a curse on peoples lives than I could ever be a blessing. Iíve already failed at most things I thought were where I need to be to take my path, so whatís one more failure just to prove to everybody that Iím not worthy and donít deserve to be in their lives? I feel like Iím trying to tread water and the waves keep getting bigger and harder to float on, Iím starting to feel like one more big wave will be the one to make me drown. 😞

~We're all misfits living in a world on fire~

Butterfly, don't fly away on me yet

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Serendipity. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Existential crisis - December 18th 2019, 09:49 PM

Hey Jess, sorry you haven't receieved a reply yet. How are you feeling now? It seems like you have a lot on your mind right now and are questioning the point of your existence. Guess what, you already have a purpose. You just said it yourself: the dog you and your significant other saved. Where would she go if you died? What would happen to her? Not tryingb to guilt you or anything, but it's something to consider. I know it's probably insignficant in comparison to, say... having a college degree, having children of your own, whatever is to be expected of your typical American at the age of 30.

Times are changing. We start our families late, if ever. Or we meet someone, form a bond, but both of you agree kids are not part of your plan; however, you will adopt a fur baby. Like you have. This is just one example, I don't know your circumstances; it's up to you to decide if you want to share or not.

I suggest reaching out to your signficant other as well for support.

Best of luck.

HelpLINK Mentorē Community Mentor ē Articles Writer ē Newsletter Editor