TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

I - January 10th 2020, 11:25 PM

[SIZE="a"]I want to die. I think of ways and can't tell my parents or siblings this. They will not understand. Just want to cry and give up. Does matter. [/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: I - January 11th 2020, 09:39 PM

Hey, thank you for reaching out to us here. I know it's so hard to open up about things like this, especially with family, but coming here and speaking is a huge start so well done, you should be proud of that. And of course if you want to talk about anything and go into some more detail, we're here for that too. Please feel free to lean on us!

In terms of how to speak to family, there's no easy way to bring this sort of thing up. You can maybe arrange a trip out with your family or someone in your family that you're especially close to. Have a bit of time away from all the stressful things, and possibly ask them if you can talk to them about something important meanwhile. Otherwise, if you'd rather not come right up and say it (which is fine and I don't blame you), you could write one of them a letter and leave it open for them to approach you with any questions.

Like I say, there's no right or wrong way of doing it and it's such a difficult thing to do. But coming here and discussing it is such a good starting point. I don't know the details of what you're going through, but I'm really sorry that things have got to this point. I promise you that it is not worth you dying over. You're a valid person who doesn't deserve to feel like you do. Please feel free to reach out as often and as much as you need to here, there are so many people who have been where you are and made it through to the other side, or who are fighting that battle with you. You're not alone, and you do matter. <3

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Serendipity. Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I - January 12th 2020, 08:54 PM

I'm sorry to hear you are struggling right now. I think it was brave of you to have come on here and posted, and that tells me you do want to receive help. We will do what we can for you, such as provide tips and advice that will guide you towards getting the support you need, but that's as much as we can do. But, if you want to talk things through, please feel free to post again, take advantage of features such as HelpLINK, or register for an account so you are able to send private messages.

Getting to the topic at hand, I know it can be hard to talk to family about depression and thoughts of hurting yourself. What if you don't talk to them about it, but talk to a professional or trusted adult about it instead? A trusted adult, not a mental health professional, will have the ability to call or check in on you at any given time to see how you are doing — a mental health professional wouldn't be able to do that, you are only given an allocated time however frequently/infrequently, and that's that. But, a mental health professional went to school to study topics such as depression and would be able to provide you the useful tools and work on the problems that are bothering you at the moment.

Of course, you also have TeenHelp! As I already said, feel free to utilize the guest feature, HelpLINK (anonymously or with an account), or sign up for an account — alternatives are allowed as long as you don't abuse it — so you can take advantage of the private message feature.

I hope things get better for you.

HelpLINK Mentor Community Mentor Articles Writer Newsletter Editor

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: I - May 16th 2020, 07:45 PM

Hello

I'm so sorry to hear you're feeling this way - I can only imagine how hard it must be for you. I'm glad that you felt able to come on here and open up a little about it.

When you feel like you want to die, what is it about dying, that you want? I know for myself that when I am having suicidal thought's, I want to die because it all feels hopeless, and that the emotional pain is to much for me to cope with. I am just wondering what it feels like for you.

It's hard for me to say this, but two years ago I lost my sister to suicide. I believe she felt in a place where dying was the best option for her and that she felt she was alone, and couldn't open up to us. But i will tell you now, it's the hardest thing I have ever had to experience and I would have done absolutely anything for her, if she had contacted me that day. A lot of the time it feels like no one cares our that we're alone but that doesn't make it true. It's also not always about someone understanding how you feel because I don't think anyone could ever fully understand someone and what they're experiencing, but it can help to talk about it and it can help to have someone their to comfort you.

I think when you're in extreme distress, it's about focusing on using ditsractions to get you through that moment. Afterwards, allowing ourselves to feel those emotions, can be so helpful and to validate them can be helpful too. Have you found anything that helps you when you're feeling this way?

I wish I could do or say something that would be this better for you because you don't deserve to feel this way, but please know that you are not alone in this and things can get better. Nothing last's forever; this too shall pass. You deserve to have a chance at life and experience all the amazing things too.

Please take care of yourself and remember you're not alone. We're rooting for you.

Jess

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod