TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fading-Away Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ruth

All around depressed - May 31st 2009, 08:07 PM

Lately i've been feeling really depressed and my house right now is going to burst from all the stress. There's so much going on in my family its hard to believe its all real. I'm not going to whine to you guys cause i know that can get annoying. It got really bad last week when I found out im failing my geography class. I never knew geography would be so freaking hard, and its not like the professor actually teaches anything were apparently just supposed to know it all. That was like the tip of the iceberg. I called my therapist and she squeezed me in later that evening and i went and told her i was feeling really down, and i wasnt sure if i would do anything to myself. I went home that night and just about overdosed. But then when i was lying there my body freaking out and i thought that maybe i would get what i wanted and die i freaked out about god and what happens when you die. Anyways this has just turned into a rant, but its just i don't know life has been crappy for a lot of years so i really don't have much reason to believe it will get better, but at the same time i'm not sure i want to die. I'm just so confused and on top of everything no one actually takes me seriously. Sorry for ranting

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Qwazi Offline
Formely Known as 747
Average Joe

Name: Adam

Re: All around depressed - May 31st 2009, 11:47 PM

Ruth, don't let geography get you down. We have similarly crap teachers in our uni as well. At least yours presumably speaks english. Ours doesn't we need a dictionary Chinese-English to understand her

Just study hard I'm sure you will do really well

I'm sorry that it did get too much though. Stay strong

Qwazi

Formerly Known as 747

(#3 (permalink)) Old
ARootlessTree Offline
ಠ_ಠ
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Toz

Re: All around depressed - June 1st 2009, 02:48 AM

Don't hesitate to rant. PM me if you need to.

I know it's hard to believe, but things WILL get better. And if they keep seeming like they won't, then you get up, dust yourself off, and make them get better. Killing yourself won't rid yourself of your problems.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
*Jen* Offline
keep smiling :-)
Outside, huh?

Name: Jen

Re: All around depressed - June 1st 2009, 07:14 PM

Hey Ruth,

It isn't a rant at all. It is good to get your feelings out and say how you are feeling, because bottling it all up will only make you feel worse. You have to express how you feel because sometimes that can really help just to get everything off your chest. I hate it when teachers don't teach properly and just expect you to know it. It makes it all twice as hard as it really should be. Is there anyone you could talk to about that like a teacher? It could really help to let someone know so the standard of teaching could be improved then that would be one less stress for you.

When things have been so hard for such a long time it does get hard to believe it will ever get better. But you can live in hope. Things can't always be this bad because everything is constantly changing all the time so that means that your feeling can change. I know you are probably thinking they never will but you have to try to stay positive and tell yourself that things can be different.

You seem rather confused because you say you want to die but you are not sure. It can seem like a way to escape from everything when there is no other way. But there are other options, which I guess must be hard to see right now. You have to keep looking for them though. It will get better so keep going. Stay strong :-)

Closed Thread