TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Masterisk

Edit avatar

So yeah help me - May 22nd 2020, 02:54 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I am 14, male, with some symptoms of depression, such as trouble sleeping, focusing, mood swings, angry outbursts. I am always in trouble, because when i try to numb the pain by playing games my excessive parents and grandparents ground me. To make matters worse,our family is going through a divorce,and it is tearing me up. I can't see my friends right now due to the coronavirus, so no support there.[/size][/color][/font]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I can't get enough

Name: Emma

Re: So yeah help me - May 22nd 2020, 02:31 PM

Hello thank you so much for coming to Teenhelp and telling us about what you have been going through and I'm truly sorry for all of this and I hope that you will be okay soon.

When you feel yourself getting upset from anything, try to walk away and go to your room and put on headphones or earbuds and listen to music for a while. Or try putting on a funny movie or TV show or going for a walk around your house if you can. I know that when we are having a hard time with something it can be hard to find something to do to help us, when we try to get our minds off of what we are upset on we can start to calm down some.

I'm sorry about your family going through a divorce. This has nothing to do with you. Parents are not able to get along anymore. I found this website if you want to look at it when you have time. It is, Dealing With Divorce (for Teens) - Nemours KidsHealth
https://kidshealth.org/en/teens/divorce.html

Would you be able to call some of your friends and talk to them about this or just talk on the phone together. Or see if you all can put on a movie on Netflix or Disney + at the same time. I hope that you will be okay soon.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor and Forum Moderator.PM/VM

"Dance is an art
that imprints on the soul.
It is with you every moment,
it expresses itself in everything you do."
-Shirley MacLaine

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: So yeah help me - May 22nd 2020, 08:45 PM

Hello!

Its lovely to be talking to you. I'm so glad that you have reached out here for some help and support.

I'm sorry to hear that things haven't been too good for you recently. It sounds like it's been really tough for you. I was wondering whether there was a trigger that you can recognise which had caused you to feel this way. It might be something you want to think about and if you can think of a possible trigger, please know we're here for you to talk to about it; but we also won't make you. This is a safe place for you.

Do you have a good night and morning routine. Sleeping is something I have struggled with for a long time so I know have quite a strict routine. I have cut caffeine out of my diet, I do some yoga in the evening and then have a shower/bath to wind down. After that, I will typically do something easy like writing, crocheting, watching an easy going film etc. Going to bed the same time each night can help and trying to get up at the same time each morning, even if you have struggled to sleep, so that your body will get used to the routine and so that you don't sleep too late in the morning which will make you sleep later at night.

You also mentioned having mood swings and burst's of anger and I wonder whether having a healthy way to express these emotion's will help you. You could try something like writing down how you feel, talking to someone about how you feel, using art to express yourself, doing an intense exercise to release the emotion's, screaming out loud or even crying. It's important to remember to validate your emotions and remind yourself its okay to feel the emotions. There is no such thing as a good or bad emotion even though some can make us feel rubbish, remember that it can't hurt you, it's just unpleasant.

It can be so hard when parent's divorce in many different ways and I am sorry that you and your family are experiencing this right now. I don't know if you feel like you could, but have you thought about maybe telling them how it's making you feel? It might really help but I also know for some people, that wouldn't be an option but I wanted to throw it out there.

Unfortunately, due to the current pandemic, everything in life seems to extra hard right now. Its very unfortunate that for people struggling like you, the pandemic means less engaging with others etc but please know that we're always around and you can always talk to us. We won't ever judge you - we do care and many of us can relate to many things and we'd always want to help you as much as we can.

I really do hope that things start to look up for you. I really do wish you the best. Don't ever be alone.

Be safe,
Jessie

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.