TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
JessaMay Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 4,628, Level: 10 Points: 4,628, Level: 10 Points: 4,628, Level: 10

Depression and Anxiety during Covid-19 - July 27th 2020, 06:51 PM

Anyone else feeling like their depression and/or anxiety has gotten worse during quarantine? Mine has been pretty bad, but I got a ESA dog right before quarantine and she has been a real lifesaver. I don't know what I would have done if I were to quarantine by myself without a dog.

Depression and anxiety sucks but now when a big anxiety attack comes, I just focus on my dog and she licks my face and brings me back to center. I can't wait until Covid is gone and we can see our friends again.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 107,386, Level: 46 Points: 107,386, Level: 46 Points: 107,386, Level: 46

Re: Depression and Anxiety during Covid-19 - July 28th 2020, 02:16 PM

Hello,

I am so sorry that staying home has been very hard on you. I wish we we're all able to go out, see our friends, family and go back to normal. It is hard when everyday we we're always doing something, going to school or hanging out with our friends and family and now we are not able to. It really brings us down and we do not know what to do. It is great that you have you're dog that you can go to and helps you to be okay. Would you be able to find others things to help you out when you are having a hard time? For example if you enjoy reading, then grab a book and read for a while or drawing or painting or a funny TV show or movie or ask someone in you're family if they would like to watch a movie or TV show or play a game with you. Or if you can go in you're backyard and just sit outside and read or if you want to listen to music or you can play with you're dog. When we are doing something because we are upset, it will take our minds off of what is going on and then we are thinking about what we are now doing, it can be anything reading or movies or playing with our dog or whatever else we enjoy doing and then we will feel a little bit better. I wish you the best with this. Hugs.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
Closed Thread