TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Points: 10,154, Level: 14 Points: 10,154, Level: 14 Points: 10,154, Level: 14

can i just die? - February 24th 2021, 03:14 PM

why am i still alive? why cant i die already?

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: can i just die? - February 24th 2021, 06:23 PM

Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry you seem to be struggling so badly right now and that it's led you to feel this way. I don't know what you're situation is or what's led to this, so I might not have a huge amount of advice to offer, but I just wanted to reach out and let you know that you being alive is a really good thing. I know you and I have spoken a few times on the site and from what I can tell you're so kind and caring and you genuinely aspire for really amazing things. I for one am very glad you are alive because I think you have a lot to offer, not just to others but to yourself too.

If you feel comfortable doing so and want to share some more about your situation, I'd be happy to listen and perhaps offer some advice or support where possible. If not, is there somebody in real life you can speak to? If not a family member or friend, maybe a doctor or therapist? I know reaching out is hard, but it might help you in this case.

My inbox is always open if you want to talk privately too. Take care.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Points: 10,154, Level: 14 Points: 10,154, Level: 14 Points: 10,154, Level: 14

Re: can i just die? - February 25th 2021, 02:44 AM

there is no one. all humans are bad, no one is kind and trustable

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: can i just die? - February 27th 2021, 12:03 PM

It sounds like you're going through a really difficult time at the moment and don't feel like anyone can be trusted. If I may ask, is there a specific reason for this? Or is it just something derived from an inner feeling?

It's always so difficult to get ourselves out of a hole once we've fallen into it. We feel so low that we can really feel like we wish we weren't here. Feelings like these are commonly caused by a person, or our current environment. Is there anything in particular in your current environment, or a person that has made you feel this way? It doesn't have to be something recent, it could be something from the past. Things like school, friends, relationship, family, and so on can be a huge factor in how we feel emotionally. There's so much around us that affects how we feel. Quite often, there isn't a single cause either. It can start out that way, but one little thing can affect another, and another. Eventually creating a snowball effect and issues start piling up. It can be quite overwhelming.

I understand that you feel all human beings are bad, but not all are. I think with this, it's a matter of perspective. You're not a bad person. Therefore, not all humans are bad. It's hard to see the good in people when all you feel to see are the negatives. Unfortunately, life tends to focus more on negativity than it does anything good. This is because negative feelings affect us far more than positive ones, so we are far more likely to remember them.

As much as it may not seem like it, you do have people who care about you. Don't forget that TeenHelp is a home for you to visit whenever you feel low or just need to chat with someone. We're here for you!
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
BrightFuture Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 693, Level: 4 Points: 693, Level: 4 Points: 693, Level: 4

Re: can i just die? - February 28th 2021, 02:31 PM

Take it easy dear, I have been in such situation, what helped me out, is by thinking positively, watching birds fly, reading funny books, watching funny movies and also looked at life as a place of vanity, because I did not create myself, and also not in control of my life.
Closed Thread