TeenHelp

TeenHelp (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/)
-   Depression and Suicide (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/)
-   -   I nearly did it today (http://www.teenhelp.org/forums/f11-depression-suicide/t161494-i-nearly-did-today/)

Soda_Voxel March 30th 2021 11:41 AM

I nearly did it today

For ten minutes earlier I genuinely was thinking I would do it. That today was the last day of me on earth.

The feeling went away quick but it was horrifying. The pain was so great and I was genuinely thinking about how I'd do it. I really hope it doesn't get so bad again.

I really want therapy.

Arabesque- golfing girl. March 30th 2021 03:24 PM

Re: I nearly did it today

Hello,

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this right now and hope that you will be okay soon. When you are feeling like this it is a good idea to try talking with someone about this. If you are not able to talk to your parents or siblings then how about someone at school like a school counselor or a teacher that you trust or can you try going onto the suicide helpline chat and talk to them about this, they are very nice to talk to. The website is, https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ You can call them or chat. You said that you would like therapy, can you Google this and look for someone in your area and give them a call, just let them know what has been going on with you and they would love to help you out with this so that you can start to feel better soon. When you have time try finding something to do to help you get your mind off of this for a while, going for a walk or listening to music or watching movies or something else that you enjoy doing. I hope you will be okay soon.

Everglow. March 30th 2021 09:03 PM

Hey there,

It sounds like today was a hard day for you. I'm sorry to hear it got to the point where you were contemplating hurting yourself. I know it must have been both scary and hard for you at that point, and you did so well to get through it and reach out for help here.

Do you know if it was anything in particular that caused you to feel this way today? Is there a certain trigger which bought this on? Perhaps if there is, you can find a way to minimise your exposure to this in the future. For example, if you find that a certain upsetting situation is happening around you, you can put some headphones in or practice some grounding techniques, like taking note of things you can see, hear, feel etc. As well as helping to keep your mind grounded, it also gives you something other than the upsetting thing to focus on, which might help as you're in a bad spot.

I also agree with Emma in that talking to someone sounds like an amazing idea. A school counsellor is a good way to do this. Is there any way you might be able to access a therapist? Are you able to speak to a family member who can help you to speak to somebody? In the mean time, hotlines are an amazing way to get help in the moment if you feel like you might be a risk to yourself. Depending on where you live, there are loads of amazing hotlines which you can phone, or sometimes text or livechat. Here is a list of some. Hopefully you can find one for where you live, and have it as a 'just-in-case'.

I think the fact you got through this today is a huge achievement, so if you experience something similar to this again, just know you had the strength this time, and you can have that again in all difficutlies you might face in life. You don't have to do it alone, so please reach out where yuo can and get support, whether through TH, therapy, or a hotline. Someone is always there to listen when you're in a bad place, and that might make it every so slightly easier to find a way out again. I hope you're doing okay. Stay strong.

Dawn. March 31st 2021 07:16 AM

Hi there,

I am so sorry to hear that you're going through a rough time at the moment. It can be hard to be having and dealing with suicidal thoughts and to be so young. My only advice is to reach out to a local professional so they are able to help you manage those thoughts as that's what I had to do when I was dealing with something similar. If you wish to have a chat, my inbox is always open. :hug:

Gris March 31st 2021 08:01 PM

Hey so I am 16 too and have gone through this as well. I don't know if this will help but I understand you want to talk to a therapist since counselors and the hotline can sometimes call the cops to your house unexpectedly and it can be scary. Depending on your state, some states allow minors to get mental health help without parents having to be involved. If this is the case, that is good specially in COVID times. The website Psychologytoday.com has therapists near you based on your zip code. I don't know if you have your own money but if you do, some therapists allow sliding scale, which is that they allow the money you can pay instead of their usual price. If you don't have money, many therapists have free first consultations, and since we are in quarantine it can be through the phone so no one will know. So you can use that free consultation so they can give you some advice. If you have your own money and the law allows minors to get help without parents then that will be ideal since therapy now is usually through the phone. I hope this helped you and I am sorry you are going through this.