TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Soda_Voxel Offline
Doing my best
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Please call me Soda.
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 12,429, Level: 16 Points: 12,429, Level: 16 Points: 12,429, Level: 16

I don't want to be alive anymore. - August 18th 2021, 08:05 PM

Everything is just too much. Why does everything have to go wrong, to change, to be horrible? I can't deal with all these feelings I have anymore. I don't want to go on like this.

It's enough to live a live with love until we die
Autism, Depression, Anxiety

Last edited by Everglow.; August 18th 2021 at 08:20 PM. Reason: Moved to Depression & Suicide as this may be a better fit
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Stacey Offline
BrokenInsanity circa 2004
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Stacey
Pronouns: She/Her

Points: 18,927, Level: 19 Points: 18,927, Level: 19 Points: 18,927, Level: 19

Re: I don't want to be alive anymore. - August 18th 2021, 09:42 PM

Hi Soda,

I'm sorry you've been feeling overwhelmed, but it's great that you reached out. While it may feel like you are alone in these feelings, there are plenty of people who will be ready and willing to be there to support you as you try to process these feelings.

Is there someone in your life that you trust to talk to about what is going on? A good friend, a family member? If not, your city may offer free or low-cost services for teens that may involve speaking to a counsellor or connecting you to the right resources.

Teenhelp also has a lot of great services that you may find helpful if you'd like to talk to someone about how you're feeling - HelpLINK, LinkUp, the chat room. I'd encourage you to look into them if you need to connect with someone.

In the meantime, if you need to talk to someone or are having thoughts of harm or suicide please reach out to a hotline, they can be a great resource, you can find a list of hotlines here.

You are not alone, we are all here for you.

Stacey
Original join date: 27th September, 2004.
HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: I don't want to be alive anymore. - August 18th 2021, 09:50 PM

Life can often feel like it's too much, especially when we're young. We're not always mentally prepared for things that happen and it can feel like everything is getting on top of us. Little things start mounting up. Those little things start to escalate into other things. Emotions start changing. We start getting to feel like everything is too much and we don't know how to deal with it.

I definitely agree with Stacey in talking to someone about what's going on. It doesn't have to always be someone in person. Don't forget that you're always more than welcome to open up to us here at TeenHelp, as well as consider messaging a member of staff personally if you prefer something more personal in addition to the links Stacey has provided.

Never forget that my inbox is open to you at any time if you need.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: I don't want to be alive anymore. - August 18th 2021, 11:20 PM

I understand how you feel! Again and again, it seems like things don't go right and will never improve; and honestly, I can't say it will ever get better because I am wondering that myself at this moment. But you do have people that care about you and would be happy to chat with you, become friends with mutual interests, exchange funny or relatable memes, etc. Please know that you are not alone, and my PM is always open, and you can reach out to me on Discord at any time.

I know it can get a lot worse at night, with the darkness and hours seeming to drift by at a snail's pace. Sleep deprivation can do that to us, so I recommend getting as much rest as possible. Put some gentle music on in the background or do some easy reading on your preferred electronic device. The darkness that surrounds your life might take some time to pass, but the darkness of this night will turn into a new day.

Also, it does get very monotonous. Try to plan at least ONE thing you'll do tomorrow as a distraction.

Again, reach out to me via PM or Discord.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: I don't want to be alive anymore. - August 19th 2021, 03:55 PM

Life definitely is too much a lot of the time. I read a book once which spoke about how the world around us has changed at a much faster pace in the last few decades than it ever had over hundreds of years before, which means that we as humans just haven't had the time to evolve into beings who can cope with this. The world is very full on, and it's normal to want it to stop sometimes. It's normal to wish it would back off and quieten down. You're not alone in feeling this way.

I know that it often seems like *everything* is bad at times too. Somehow, the good stuff gets filtered out and the bad things overshadow them, and they really block out the light! I've found that it's so important to encourage yourself to try to find the good things, even if they're small, and especially at times where you're struggling. You can maybe use threads in the Good Days forum, such as this one to encourage you to look for these things each day.

I know it sometimes feels like you can't deal with it anymore, but you can. It's not easy, and it's depressing and aggravating sometimes to keep having to fight, but you've got a 100% success rate at surviving bad days so far, which is a pretty good track record. The fact you're here, reaching out and taking things day by day is proof you can do this. I agree that talking to people around you is a good idea, but please feel free to use TH whenever you like too.

You can do this.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Jamal2525 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7

Re: I don't want to be alive anymore. - June 30th 2022, 07:59 AM

You're really hung up on yourself, you need to accept yourself for who you really are, it will be hard, but if you can achieve that, then you'll find harmony with yourself.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
JohnPotter Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1 Points: 109, Level: 1

Re: I don't want to be alive anymore. - September 23rd 2022, 06:48 AM

Thanks, helpful
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,806, Level: 10 Points: 4,806, Level: 10 Points: 4,806, Level: 10

Re: I don't want to be alive anymore. - September 23rd 2022, 08:56 AM

You are unique! Don't waste everything like nothing! You can do everything if you want! Don't let anything stop you.
Closed Thread