TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Shauniex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Shaunie
Pronouns: She/her

Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3 Points: 581, Level: 3

Unhappy I want to die - November 28th 2021, 02:41 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I'm in this depressed state I keep watching suicide videos and it's making me want to leave even more then before. I'm slowly giving up, I haven't felt like this in ages so I don't know what has brought this on, I'm afraid. 😔
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount81

Edit avatar

Re: I want to die - November 28th 2021, 04:52 PM

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry you're struggling right now. I think the best thing to do for now would be to remove yourself from the triggers. Shut down youtube or whatever media streaming platform you're watching these videos on, and walk away. I find that writing always helps when I am feeling overburdened with thoughts and emotions. You can choose to write in a private blog elsewhere or utilize TeenHelp's own blogging system.

I suggest looking at our resources guide to see what would best suit your needs at this time.

Stay safe.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Shauniex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I want to die - November 28th 2021, 08:12 PM

Thanks. I'll take the advice
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount71

Edit avatar

Re: I want to die - November 30th 2021, 10:04 PM

The thing about emotions is they love to feed on themselves. Whenever we feel an emotion, we are often tempted to lean into it because we want to validate our experience. This can often happen with media of all types- films, TV shows, social media, books, music, etc. While this isn't necessarily always a bad thing, when it comes to emotions that drive us to want to hurt ourselves, it's important to try and disengage or choose to avoid those types of media. It's actually better if you try and elicit the "opposite" emotion in yourself.

The easiest one I tend to think of (and go to) is when I am feeling sad to watch or listen to something happy. Usually it's something on YouTube that makes me laugh or that I find cute. Luckily there's plenty of stuff there to choose from! So maybe next time you're trying low, watch a video or two on YouTube, or watch an episode of a familiar TV show you like that is funny. Just something to turn your attention away from dangerous thinking.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Shauniex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I want to die - December 3rd 2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garyl View Post
The thing about emotions is they love to feed on themselves. Whenever we feel an emotion, we are often tempted to lean into it because we want to validate our experience. This can often happen with media of all types- films, TV shows, social media, books, music, etc. While this isn't necessarily always a bad thing, when it comes to emotions that drive us to want to hurt ourselves, it's important to try and disengage or choose to avoid those types of media. It's actually better if you try and elicit the "opposite" emotion in yourself.

The easiest one I tend to think of (and go to) is when I am feeling sad to watch or listen to something happy. Usually it's something on YouTube that makes me laugh or that I find cute. Luckily there's plenty of stuff there to choose from! So maybe next time you're trying low, watch a video or two on YouTube, or watch an episode of a familiar TV show you like that is funny. Just something to turn your attention away from dangerous thinking.
Hiya!

Thank you for the reply again!
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
kirilpopinin Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3 Points: 486, Level: 3

Re: I want to die - January 27th 2022, 05:16 PM

I often go up to the roof of my house and stand on the edge, hoping to accidentally fall.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Shauniex Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I want to die - January 27th 2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirilpopinin View Post
I often go up to the roof of my house and stand on the edge, hoping to accidentally fall.
Are you ok???
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
popinin Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 528, Level: 3 Points: 528, Level: 3 Points: 528, Level: 3

Re: I want to die - August 19th 2022, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shauniex View Post
I'm in this depressed state I keep watching suicide videos and it's making me want to leave even more then before. I'm slowly giving up, I haven't felt like this in ages so I don't know what has brought this on, I'm afraid. 😔
So maybe try to become stronger, like discover something new, go to unifighting or learn to express feelings in painting, engage in self-development, it will help. What's more, if you're afraid, it means you're confused, look for alternatives.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39 Points: 74,574, Level: 39

Re: I want to die - August 23rd 2022, 06:24 PM

Hey there,

It definitely sounds like you're struggling right now and I am sorry to hear you're dealing with this. I think when you're not in a good head space it's easy to get fixated or find comfort in things which aren't helpful. Perhaps it's familiar as it resonates with how you feel right now. Obviously watching suicide videos is not a good way to cope with how you feel, especially if it's making the negative feelings you have stronger. It is good that you've realised that it doesn't help though, so you can work on figuring out what distractions you can fall back on instead.

Have a look through the Alternatives section to see if anything there may be of use. I've found this really helpful in the past. I'm the kind of person to be sucked into an anxiety rabbit hole, and sometimes even just reading the list to try and find an alternative is enough to break a harmful cycle. But trying some of these out might help you build up a toolbox of go-to distractions when you're struggling.

Sometimes there isn't really a clear trigger for bad patches, and that can be scary if you can't directly tackle what caused it. But that doesn't mean that what you're dealing with isn't valid and doesn't matter. Do you have anybody you can talk to about this? Perhaps chatting to somebody can help you figure out if there is a root cause, and then you can work on how to avoid triggers like this in the future, or how to overcome them to an extent. If you can't/dont feel you can talk to somebody, then maybe writing or drawing can help instead. This is sometimes a really good way to organise your thoughts and feelings, unload them, and understand them more. You could write a story, a diary, or even a song if you like, or scribble, sketch or doodle. Art is really helpful.

Please know that, as scary as this feels, things can and do get better. I understand that it's hard, but you are strong and have gotten through bad days before. Take everything as it comes and remember to be kind to yourself. Part of self care is knowing that you're not okay and accepting that this is fine. You've got this, and I hope you're staying safe.

"Why want another universe if this one has dogs?"

Matt Haig - The Midnight Library

Volunteer Support Officer | Apply to staff
Closed Thread