TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
life sucks

Edit avatar

literally why do i feel like this - March 20th 2022, 03:19 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]why do i feel so horrible after hanging out with anyone? i don’t think anyone likes me very much and i sit and overthinking the entire interaction and i feel so fucking awful. i just don’t think i’m good enough for anyone and idk why i bother hanging out with them when i feel so awful afterwards. i just want to be done with everything cause this life is unreasonably difficult. it’s just a never ending cycle of hurting myself to be good enough for others and i’m exhausted. i think i’m catching feelings for my fwb who has a boyfriend (it’s open so he knows about me but both of them are still v in love and i feel outta place), my friends don’t actually need me and i never really spend much time with them, my best friend is suicidal and idk if i can save him but i’m trying so damn hard, i’m not getting into any colleges so i might never make it out of the godforsaken place, and i’m so fucking sick and tired of everything i just want to die. what is the fucking point anymore .[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Rivière Offline
Par la rivière
I've been here a while

Name: Sarah

Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31 Points: 46,505, Level: 31

Re: literally why do i feel like this - March 20th 2022, 01:33 PM

Is there any particular reason why you feel horrible after spending time with others? You mentioned that you don't think anyone likes you. How do you know this? What sort of impression do others give you when they spend time with you? Do they give indication that they don't want to spend time with you by actively ignoring you or making you feel unwelcome? Or is it just something you feel, perhaps due to low self-esteem?

If you feel like you're catching feelings for your friend with benefits, the best thing to do in that situation may very well be to just cut off the benefits part of that friendship. That person is taken, regardless of having an open relationship. You could discuss the situation with them, but that may make the situation more complicated than it already sounds like it's becoming.

How do you know your friends don't need you? Do you ask them this? Have they told you they don't need you?

When your suicidal best friend, unfortunately with something like that, there's no real way to 'save' anybody. You can give them all the help and support known to man but if they're not ready to take steps to push through and overcome their difficulties, they won't get better. In addition to this, their situation may be too difficult for them and they may be struggling due to a situation they can't get out of, so feel suicide is their only option in order to escape the pain they feel. You could suggest to your friend that they join us here at TeenHelp so they have an additional support system and somewhere to go to let out their feelings, as well as providing them with a list of hotlines which you can find here. It's difficult to try and support a friend who feels like taking their own life. Sometimes the best kind of support is to just simply be there for them so they have someone to confide in.

Finally, don't forget that you too can use those hotlines if you ever feel you need. And you have us here at TeenHelp to help support you, whilst you're trying to support others. You're always welcome to message me at any time, should you ever need.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: literally why do i feel like this - April 27th 2022, 05:21 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Maybe you feel awful because you're having growing pains. Figuring out who you are and want to be, takes time. Sometimes it lasts into the 20s. Part of feeling awful is being human and being human means that we feel things. If we don't feel anything are we a blank void? Yeah, sometimes we probably could have more control over our emotions. That's true. A lot of hormones sort of cause some of these feels. Being a teen is challenging, though it's all something a lot of us go through, somehow we do, just like being born. It's better to let it out. Perhaps you'll find art. I've written poetry from time to time.
Yelling somewhere private, sometimes helps. Some people try martial arts? It does help with confidence.
Try not to beat yourself up, dear. Maybe try new things like putting your toes in a cold lake? I spend time alone a lot. Sometimes I long to spend time with others but It will happen when it does.
It's alright to fall down as long as you get up. My great grandfather said (I don't know it word for word) "You fall down, you get up, wipe the dust off your bum, and stick your nose in the air. I've had many hard moments, some moments so awful it feels like want to disappear (it's cringeingly embarrassing and agonizing). I try my best. Everyone's best is different. Sometimes I survive and sometimes I've been so tired of life, the hard work, mental and emotional exhaustion I want to sleep a thousand years. I find solace and contentment in nature. Trees and beautiful sunlight lighting the leaves in springtime, staring up into the branches, is breathtaking.
Lots of love[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Jamal2525 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7 Points: 2,405, Level: 7

Re: literally why do i feel like this - June 27th 2022, 03:20 PM

Find yourself a friend in life, or on the Internet, or set yourself a goal and fixate on it, like helping people or reaching the top of Everest. Personally, when I have a bad streak in my life, I try not to be discouraged, because I know that this streak will end one day, and a beautiful new day will come. If I feel too bad, then I will take cbd edibles canada to relax and not be nervous, otherwise, it may lead to some consequences.

Last edited by Jamal2525; June 30th 2022 at 08:17 AM.
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Astro04 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Luca

Points: 4,806, Level: 10 Points: 4,806, Level: 10 Points: 4,806, Level: 10

Re: literally why do i feel like this - June 28th 2022, 12:40 PM

You know what? That's an accurate description of also me. Guess it's time to find new company then and start all again. Only this can help you! Like jamal said, start with find a new one and then start!
Closed Thread