TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Em[ily] Offline
RAWR (I love you)
Not a n00b

Name: Emily

I don't think I can do it anymore... - June 5th 2009, 01:48 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of suicide, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread therefore might not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

AHH! I'm sorry that I can't get a control on my life and have to keep writing in here to get help.
I feel like my friends don't trust me.
My closest best guy friend doesn't tell me whats wrong anymore. He used to tell me everything and now he doesn't tell me anything and I just feel like he doesn't trust me even though I have never told one of his secrets.
my best girl friend doesn't believe me when I tell her that she's not a terrible person. I'll tell her that she's amazing and she's great and isn't a horrible person but she doesn't believe me, but when she asks one of her other friends and they tell her the same exact thing she believes them. It kinda hurts my feelings. And if I tell her this then she is gonna think she's an even more terrible person, which she isn't!
Also, my dad and brother don't care about me. My dad always tells me I'm wothless and he regrets having me and just today my brother told me I should go die, which doesn't seem like such a bad idea right now.
I promised Brandon that I would try not to cut myself but its really hard right now because I'm in so much pain. The only way to get rid of that pain is to add a different pain. I'm afraid that if I do cut then he'll be mad at me.
I might just kill myself. Schools almost over so I won't be missing anything and nobody will miss me. One day when my parents are gone and my brother isn't home so nobody can stop me. It only takes 3 minutes to bleed out if you cut deep enough. I'll plan more later.
Thanks for reading this if you did.

Last time I cut: October 14th 2009

"Where can I turn? Cause I need something more, surrounded my uncertainty, I'm so unsure. Tell me why I feel so alone!"
Conspiracy - Paramore

Twilight Addict & Proud!
  Send a message via AIM to Em[ily]  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
LiveLaughLove Offline
L☮VE = the answer (=
Not a n00b

Name: Simone

Re: I don't think I can do it anymore... - June 5th 2009, 03:28 AM

Hey, Emily
You really have nothing to apologize for... that's what we're here for, and we're happy to help. I'm sorry about your friend :/ I'm sure its difficult to feel as if the people around you don't trust you. But I'm thinking that that might not be the case... maybe your friend isn't telling you why he's upset because he doesn't want to burdon you. Maybe something happened that he doesn't feel comfortable talking about, or perhaps he doesn't see it as such a big deal, whatever's going on right now. Sometimes 'nothing' really doesn mean 'nothing'... he wouldn't just stop talking to you about things for no reason. And he's your best friend, he's probably got a good one, r one he thinks is good. Talk to him about it, or he'lAl never know.
As for your best girl best friend, maybe its not that she believes other people when they say she isn't a bad person, but doesn't believe you... it could easily just be that extra validation promts her to agree..you know, hearing it from a second person. As your best girl friend, she probably talks to you first, so if its hearing that she's a good person more than once that gets her to agree, then it would be someone else's validation that comes before her acknowledgement.
As for your dad and brother, well, some people can just be extremely unkind. People say horrible things... but they certainly don't mean the half of them. I'm sure they don't know how they're affecting you. Obviously there's some hostility there. But when people feel passionately about something... say, if either of htem were angry at you for some reason, then they'll say some things that they don't mean.
You're certainly not worthless, and you should not do what your brother said.
It looks like Brandon really cares about you try your best to keep that promise to him. He's really just looking out for you, and thats something you're really lucky to have [:
And, you would be missing tons. Brandon, all your other friends, the summer, next year, your birthday, Brandon's, everything. And of course you'd be missed. You'd be missed greatly around here, and you have no idea how intensely you'd be missed at home and by those who know you in person. You clearly know that people care... you posted, and you did say that your parents or brother would stop you if they could. That should tell you something... that they do love you, and that you're worth it. I really hope things start looking up for you, Emily. Stay strong.
PM anytime.
Peace&Love,
Simone.

PM anytime (: ................ ☮ ♥ ♪ ♫ la la di da : )
i am beautiful because that's how i see myself.
talented, because i have confidence in what i do.
scarred because at times, i couldn't take it.
strong, because one day, i chose to be.
loveable because i've learned to love myself.
and also because, same as everyone else,
i was born that way.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: I don't think I can do it anymore... - June 5th 2009, 04:53 AM

Hey Emily,

take a deep breath, hun. I hope that you're okay. You don't have anything to apologize for - reaching out to others when you need some help or advice is a good thing, and not complaining at all.

I'm sorry to hear about all you've been going through. With your best girl friend, I'm sorry that she doesn't seem to be responding to your reassurances that she's a good person - but that doesn't mean that even if she doesn't show any response, she hasn't actually been affected any. Hearing what you have to say has probably helped her out at least a little on the inside towards being able to actually believe it, even if she doesn't show it. And I don't think your guy friend is being quieter because of a lack of trust in you - he might just be going through a "guy phase" or some other sort of time where he's just keeping to himself more. But his actions, and those of your other friend, too, are in no way a reflection on you. You're being a great friend and doing the most you can just by letting them know that you are there to listen, when they want it. You should be really proud of you

And don't listen to what your dad and brother are saying. I know how tough verbal abuse can be - some of my family members can get rather caustic as well. But, I don't think your dad is really having any regrets. Sometimes people say things to hurt even though they don't actually mean them. And even if he is being insane and having regrets - that's his problem, because you seem like a really great kid. He (and you, too!) should be majorly proud of you. And don't listen to what your brother said, either; I've gotten the "I wish you'd just go away" response, too. But you are a perfectly valid member of your family, and an indescribably important person. He should be honored that he gets to have you as a sister. Ignore him until he wakes up and realizes it.

Honey, please remember that you get to take good care of yourself. I know how overwhelming things can feel - but you can get through them. Self-harming might be a temporary "escape," but in the end it just adds more pain to deal with. There are always other ways of dealing with something - instead of just replacing one pain with another, how about trying to chase away the original pain with something that'll make you happy, that'll make you smile or that you enjoy doing?

Hang in there, hun. We're always here to listen

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: I don't think I can do it anymore... - June 5th 2009, 05:23 AM

Hey,

It sounds like you are going through a lot right now, but that's no reason to kill yourself. Life hurts and it's hard at times but things get better. Life isn't easy but it's worth it.

I'm sorry your friends don't seem to trust you but maybe there is a deeper cause and it's not your fault. Sometimes, when we are going through stuff we close out the people who care about most and it's not to hurt them or make them feel inferior, I think that we sort of do it out of love and because we are afraid of what they will think. Is it possible that maybe your best friends are going through something similer to that. I know, I did that for awhile with the people closest to me. Also, sometimes are your age, we go through changes and it's hard to know who to trust and it's hard to talk about stuff. It doesn't mean that they don't trust you. Have you tried talking to them about why they haven't been talking to you as much? If not, I think that you should just tell them that you have been noticing that they haven't been as talkive and you feel kind of bad about it and want to know what is going. Sometimes, we need to have discussions before things change!

I'm sorry that your father and brother treat you like that. It's not right! But you are NOT worthless and you shouldn't kill yourself. You're here for a reason! I know it's not fun to hear those things but just because that they say that stuff doesn't make it true. IT doesn't define you, "circumantances, don't define you, you define you" is what somebody told me. You have to learn to block them out and not listen to what they are saying. Whenever they say something negative about you, repeat something positive that you like about yourself, in your head or outloud.

Don't cut yourself. PAIN CAN'T CURE PAIN. Before you know it could get out of hand. You have to find better alternatives to what you are going through. Whenever you feel the urge to self-harm, you need to do something healthy that you enjoy. You can beat this! Do it for you!

Hang in there.
Things might seem bad right now, but they get better!
They really do!
If you ever need to talk, just send me a PM !
<3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

Closed Thread