TeenHelp
Get Advice Quick Ask Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Chat and Live Help Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Safety Zone
   Hotlines
   Alternatives
   Calendar

You are not registered or have not logged in
Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!) As a guest you can submit help requests, create and reply to Forum posts, join our Chat Room and read our range of articles & resources. By registering you will be able to get fully involved in our community and enjoy features such as connect with members worldwide, add friends & send messages, express yourself through a Blog, find others with similar interests in Social Groups, post pictures and links, set up a profile and more! Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

It's getting bad again - April 11th 2024, 04:06 PM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""][FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I feel so helpless. There's no point for me to live anymore. The whole world is so confusing and I'm just so tired of everything. I want to end it all but at the same time I don't, but I feel like that's the only way out. I tried talking about it to my parents but they don't get it. I am rotting, it feels like I'm getting eaten from inside out. I forget to eat food and drink water, how am I supposed to continue living? My parents aren't worried for me because of it, they're just mad. They always yell at me for everything being my fault. "If you just went out. If you just would talk with your family. if you just would eat". I miss how everything used to be. How we used to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner together on the table. When we told each other riddles and jokes. When we were so close together. I want to go back to that time. I miss it so much. I miss the mom and dad i used to have. If they just cared for me again. If they just held me close and told me it's going to be okay, then it really would be[/size][/color][/font][/size][/color][/font]
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Ennui. Offline
Living the dream.

TeenHelp Superstar

Name: Dez
Pronouns: She/They

Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59 Points: 172,654, Level: 59

Re: It's getting bad again - April 12th 2024, 03:24 AM

Hey,

I'm sorry you're going through this right now.

You're right, the world is confusing. I'll never deny that. But there are some pretty cool parts too. Concerts, the different seasons, playing video games, going on "adventures (even to the gas station!)." There's a ton of things out there that are worth it. Thisis a list of reasons to live, so there are even more ideas on here.

My therapist always tells me to find things to look forward to. It can be a new game, book, movie, or season of a TV show being released. You can look forward to seeing the leaves turn orange in the fall, if you live in a climate where that happens. You can look forward to visiting with a friend, summer vacation, or many other things. It gets you excited for a while. Also create goals for yourself that are achievable, even short-term goals. You can make a goal to start making your bed every day, to learn a new language, skill, or hobby, a goal to finish a puzzle, or anything really. Just make sure it's achievable. It gives you something to be proud of, and then you can build on that goal or create an entirely new goal.

I'm sorry you don't get support from your parents. Mine don't really understand mental illness either and it took me getting hospitalized as an adult for them to finally realize how serious this is. Does your school have a guidance counselor? They can be supportive of what you're going through. In the US, they would have to tell an adult if they think you are at risk of self harm or suicide, but other things can be kept confidential. They can even talk to your parents for you, if you think it would help. Sometimes having another adult talk to them can make them realize how serious this is. If not, the guidance counselor can be supportive of you anyway. You can also talk to a teacher, friend's parents, adult family member like an aunt, uncle, or adult cousin, religious leader, or another adult in your life who you trust. I found that I had to seek support outside of the home to get my needs met.

Do you think they'd be receptive to doing some of those things again? Maybe you can cook them a meal and say you want to sit down and eat it together. Or, you can bring out a game that they like and say you want to play it with them as a family. I know it sucks to have to be the one to initiate, but maybe they'd be receptive.

Remember that depression is not your fault. It's caused by a combination of things, such as things that are going on in our lives but also chemical imbalances in the brain. You can't help how your brain is wired.

I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,
Dez

Do you ever get a little bit tired of life
Like you're not really happy but you don't wanna die
Like you're hanging by a thread but you gotta survive
'Cause you gotta survive
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Arabesque- golfing girl. Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance❤️

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Emmie🦋

Points: 109,380, Level: 47 Points: 109,380, Level: 47 Points: 109,380, Level: 47

Re: It's getting bad again - April 16th 2024, 12:39 PM

Hello and welcome to Teenhelp, thank you for coming on and telling us about what you have been going through and I am sorry you are having a hard time with this and hope that you will be okay soon. Do you have anyone at school or a friend that you can talk to about this and they can help you to talk to your parents about this so that you will be okay soon? Try a teacher or a school counselor or someone you trust and talk to them. I hope that you will be okay soon. Also, you can join us if you ever wanted to and talk about this more or anything else. I hope you will be okay soon.

•Forums Officer
•HelpLINK Moderator
•Community Moderator•
Article Writer
•Resource Editor
•Newsletter Editor
• Social Media Guru.

"Dance is your pulse, your heartbeat,
It’s the rhythm
of your life.

It’s the expression
in time and movement,

in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques d’Ambroise''
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Alyssa
Pronouns: She / her

Points: 520, Level: 3 Points: 520, Level: 3 Points: 520, Level: 3

Re: It's getting bad again - April 16th 2024, 03:53 PM

Im so sorry you feel so low. Your parents sound like they can be really warm and loving but that somethings changed. Do you know what that is?
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
kiricowell Offline
Banned
Welcome me, I'm new!

Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1

Re: It's getting bad again - April 23rd 2024, 07:25 AM

Your points are very clear and easy to understand because of how you formatted them