TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
just-me Offline
Hiding In this shadow
Not a n00b

help needed urgently - June 8th 2009, 05:40 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

im not to sure if it was triggering thought i would put it just incase

anyhoo, i have been into hospital before and i felt so bad putting my mum and dad and that through the pain i honestly had to get out of there as quick as i could. so i lied and was out after a few nights. now though i am still hurting so much, i am stuggling to cope and suicde is a thought just to often, im scared to tell anyone because as much as i want to go back and get better i dont want parents and friends to go through that again so i hold bak my emotions and pain just to fight through and make them happy.
i dont want to go back where i was, it was an adults ward and i only turned 18 two days ago. im struggling and i dont know how im gonna cope. im scared im gonna break and i havent told anyone
i dont know what to do

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Re: help needed urgently - June 8th 2009, 05:51 AM

First take some deep breaths. It will be okay.

The way I see it you have two options:
1) You can try to cope with your depression by talking to people on here. Everyone here would live to help you. You can pm me anytime and I will help as best as i possibly can.
2) You can sit down with your parents (or one of them at a time) and calmly explain to them that you dont want to put them under stress but you have been feeling depressed and think that it would help if you went back to the hospital because you really do want to get better. They want you to get better to and if going to the hospital is what is best for you than they would rather you go there than suffer in silence. As for being in an adult ward that can be scary but you probably wont be the only 18 year old and there will probably be 19 and 20 year olds too. Plus if it is going to help you then it is worth it.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: help needed urgently - June 8th 2009, 03:06 PM

Hey there.

First of all, i'm going to move this to the depression & suicide forum as I think it's more suitable there. If you disagree then feel free to PM me

I'm sorry that you're struggling so much right now, it must be really hard for you. It also must've been hard being in the hospital, but you did that and got through it.
I can understand that it may have upset your parents, but that is only because they were concerned for you and care about you. Although your parents may be upset that you're feeling suicidal and depressed, they are not upset because of you. They are upset because of this illness/upset that you're suffering, it is not your fault.
I want to say that although initially your parents and friends may be concerned for you, they're only concerned because they care. Because they care about you, they would certainly not want you to go through this suffering alone. They would want you to reach out and seek help if you need it. They'd rather you were happier. If they knew that you were suffering alone through fear of upsetting them, i'm sure that'd make them upset too.
I honestly believe that talking to your friends or family could actually be beneficial. There is nothing to say that you will have to go back into hospital, but you will be able to get some form of help whether it is frequent talking therapy or medication.
Because you're 18 you could obviously try and go alone to get this help, but I don't think that's necessary. Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best.

Closed Thread