TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Mouse Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: YourMomIsBeautiful

Unhappy I don't know who to talk to... - June 8th 2009, 05:58 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Nobody seems to give a care about what I do. I've tried to tell some of my closest friends, but they seem to forget and they start talk about death, and saying things like "OMG! I just want to murder her!!!" and it kinda seems hard for me to talk to them.

I can't talk to my parents because they're dealing with depression as well. I caught my mom cutting herself and she has way too many mental disorders to be worrying about something else right now.

Help. I really don't want to die, but it seems like the only option.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Samantha

Re: I don't know who to talk to... - June 8th 2009, 06:02 AM

Heyy,

Im sorry your feeling this way. People do care what you do sometimes people get too wrapped u in their own lives but they truly do care.
If you want someone to talk to. You can pm me anytime.

Death is not your only option.
You are doing the right thing by coming on this website and asking for help that is a good first step to take.

remember you can pm me anytime

~Samantha~

(#3 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: I don't know who to talk to... - June 8th 2009, 06:05 AM

It's not your only option, it's never to be an option. Death might seem like a solution but it's really not. Living is the only option you have. As for finding somebody to talk, is there anybody else in your family? Maybe you and your mom could help each other though? Or you could both at least seek help together. Counselling could help, maybe check into that!? Or maybe tell your friends you really need to talk to them and they need to be serious because this is serious!

You can always talk to me, feel free to send me a PM!
Hang in there. <3

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Mouse Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: YourMomIsBeautiful

Re: I don't know who to talk to... - June 8th 2009, 10:58 PM

Thanks guys. :]
This does help alot.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I don't know who to talk to... - June 8th 2009, 11:13 PM

Hey Mouse,

It must be pretty tough trying to reach out to your friends and family when it's hard to talk to them about these issues.
That's okay though, because there are plenty of other options for other people to talk to. Have you checked out the "." sticky? It gives some great suggestions:

Quote:
  • Parent(s)/Guardian(s)
  • Other family members
  • Family friends
  • Teachers
  • Principals
  • Guidance counselors
  • School clinic workers/nurses
  • Coaches/Extracurricular sponsors
  • Counselors/Psychologists/etc
  • Medical doctors
  • Emergency workers
  • Religious leaders

If you think that any of these people may be suitable to talk to, go for it! It can be very beneficial to talk to someone about how you're feeling and I think that it's absolutely great that you've asked for help with finding someone to talk to.

It seems like you have a lot to deal with at the moment with your own feelings and coping with your parents issues aswell, it's understandable that this could take it's toll on you and so I would recommend that you try and talk to someone. Have you tried doing anything for yourself that you enjoy lately? When you're feeling upset then it's a good idea to treat yourself - have a bath, go for a walk, listen to some music - anything that makes you feel just that little bit better is worth doing.

Death is never the answer, Mouse. I know it may feel like it is the only way out right now, but that's most likely because you're trying to deal with something very difficult alone. You have been very strong and with some extra support and encouragement you can and will get through this. I hope you manage to talk to someone. We're always here for you.

Closed Thread