TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
mz.lonely96 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: melissa

depressed - June 16th 2009, 04:31 AM

i deal with depression for a while now. it was starting to get better i was happy for once but lately it feel like my life is just passing by me like im on the side watching it but not being able to do anything about. i dont want to go back to be depressed but i just dont know waht to do anymore>

…….......I’ve made mistakes in my life.
……...I’ve let people take advantage of me,
…….And I accepted way less than I deserve.
…..But I’ve learned from my bad choices and
..Even though there are some things I can never
…Get back and people that will never be sorry,
…………I’ll know better next time and
…I won’t settle for anything less than I deserve.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Abstract Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Re: depressed - June 16th 2009, 04:41 AM

You need to find out what's bringing you down. Now, don't say that there is nothing bringing you down, because there is. While looking for that you need to stay positive. Thinking negatively is just bringing you down farther into the midst of depression.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: depressed - June 16th 2009, 05:49 AM

Hey,

Like Rachel said: You need to try and find what is bringing you down. It may take a while but if you really think on it you might be able to figure it out and work on it.

Also, talking to someone, a friend, a trusted adult or a parent could help as well. Talking to people that know you can help because they might be noticing the changes that are occuring in you and they might be willing to listen and help.

Another thing you could consider doing is going to see a therapist. Therapists are trained in dealing with people who are struggling with bouts of sadness or are clinically depressed. They will most likely be able to help you deal with it and give you the skills you need to make it through this.

If you need someone to talk to feel free to pm or aim me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Abstract Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Rachel

Re: depressed - June 16th 2009, 03:20 PM

Feel free to PM me as well, if you need any help with anything. You will be alright if you really try to change your overall view of the things around you.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
silentmuffin Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Re: depressed - June 16th 2009, 05:45 PM

If you feel like you're just watching your life pass by, then the issue might simply be that you're not taking control of your life. It happens to just about everyone and it's really hard to get out of a funk like that, so don't feel like you're doing anything wrong. Just try to take charge of your life, one step at a time. Make decisions, even just small ones, and keep reflecting on them. Be proud of the things you do and try to find things you can do that make you feel good and important.

And don't be afraid to talk to someone about it. Sometimes, other people can give you a fresh perspective of yourself. They might be able to help you figure out if something really is bothering you, and they can probably suggest some things for you to do that you would enjoy and feel good about doing.

Aš tave myliu, Nanny. I'm carrying your love with me.

Closed Thread