TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
esacb Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Help - June 17th 2009, 05:16 PM

I know I am still very young.
But I can't stop the feeling of being lonely and useless. Over the past couple months I have drifted apart from four my closest friends, and have only grown a couple new friends in their places. I know its not about numbers, but I feel like my close friends are shrinking away, and that we are running out of things to do because we spend all our free time together.
I just feel like we are going to get bored. And that they will get bored with me and leave me alone.
Especially since they are going away all summer, and I am not.
I just know whenever I am alone, I break myself down to tears because I feel pathetic and lonely.
I just don't know what to do because I feel like no one likes me, and like I need to do more with my life.
I just need help stopping myself from psyching myself out.

If everyone around you is running away in panic,
you're probably missing some thing important

(#2 (permalink)) Old
tally Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Natalyia

Re: Help - June 17th 2009, 06:21 PM

this is what happened to me a couple years ago. have you talked with them about this? letting them know how you feel might help a bit or help you all figure out what's causing you to drift apart...

(#3 (permalink)) Old
live.laugh.love
Regular TeenHelper

Name: cassieee.

Re: Help - June 17th 2009, 07:00 PM

Hey,

Have you tried talking to your friends about how you're feeling. This might not be the case at all. Friends don't usually just get "bored," and leave. But sometimes it's not a good thing to spend every waking moment with them either. Maybe try hanging with them for a lesser time if you feel they are going to get to bored.

Your not pathetic or useless!
It'll be okay! Just believe that people do like you.

when life is in discord; praise ye the Lord

keep your faith alive.
we're not alone <3

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Help - June 17th 2009, 10:04 PM

Hey,

You are not pathetic or useless so throw that thought out of your head. I am so sorry that you are feeling so low at the moment but things will be okay just hold tight, okay?

You know what? Summer can be a difficult time for everyone. Friends go on vacations and others are left with very little to do and this causes the feelings of loneliness and sadness to build up. Maybe what you could do is try and plan something to do every day so that you are not extremely bored. Go to a movie, go for a walk, go to the book store, go swimming, etc. Maybe you will have to do some of these activities alone but that's okay because it doesn't say anything about you.

Have you considered talking to your friends and explaining to them how you feel? They might not realize all the things that are rolling around in your head and maybe once you tell them they will be able to explain to you that what you are thinking is not true at all.

Also, you said a lot of your friends are going away for the summer, right? Well, have you considered talking to them and asking them if maybe you guys could set up a phone date thingy. You know, a day when you and them call one another and talk on the phone, talk about your week and what not? I used to do that with one of my friends and I will admit it is not as good as a face to face converstaion but it is good enough. Who knows, maybe you guys will be able to talk on the internet or text message as well. The key thing is to talk to your friends and explain everything you are feeling.

I hope this helped and if you need someone to talk to feel free to pm or aim me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread