TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Depression and Suicide If you or a loved one is feeling depressed or suicidal, you are not alone. Talk with other users about your feelings here.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
shorti Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

I don't know. - June 20th 2009, 05:58 AM

I feel so anxious and sad. Sometimes I want to just die. I hurt so much. I am struggling to function. I can't go to work, because my anxiety is so bad. I just want to hide. I just hurt . But yet I am so numb too.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
dancer Offline
love, anonymous
I've been here a while

Re: I don't know. - June 20th 2009, 06:03 AM

Hey there,

*hugs*

I'm sorry that things feel so confusing and not-so-great right now. But please know that suicide is not the solution - there are other ways to help ease stress, and you get to experience and enjoy the rest of life that you have to discover.

Do you have anyone to talk to, like a parent or counselor or even a doctor, about how you've been struggling? They can probably help figure out a way to sort things out and get things back to being manageable again.

Hang in there.

Drown in the music,
dance in the rain,
block out the thunder,
and let the scars fade.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Prozac Offline
I can't get enough

Re: I don't know. - June 20th 2009, 07:01 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you have been feeling upset and anxious lately. I understand how difficult that can be. It seems as though these feelings are really affecting you and there is no reason as to why you have to keep suffering from these negative emotions. There is plenty of help available to you and anxiety and depression are very treatable. There are many treatments that are available to you and so I'd suggest that you try to visit a medical professional and talk to them about how you've been feeling.

Suicidal feelings are very serious. If you're feeling suicidal then you need to tell someone. I'm sure that no one would like to see you hurt. Please try and reach out and get the help that you deserve. You don't have to keep battling these feelings alone

(#4 (permalink)) Old
SimplyComplex Offline
SimplyComplex :)
I've been here a while

Name: Melissa

Re: I don't know. - June 20th 2009, 10:39 PM

Hey there,

I'm sorry you're feeling so low right now. Sometimes it's the best of people that feel the worst in life, but that enables us to allow our strength to grow. I know how hopeless things can look when you're standing on the other side of the road - away from happiness. I know that it feels like no one else could feel like this because it's so incredibly horrible. But it wasn't always horrible. It can't always be horrible.

If you're feeling like this and it's too much for you to handle, then don't handle it on your own. If these things are keeping you from your everyday jobs and making you want to end your life - it's time to let someone know about this. Keeping it inside will only enable you to feel worse and worse and seclude yourself from others even more. You're going to want someone to talk to eventually, but in the future it might be harder. I suggest going to someone now. Anyone you can trust to keep your feelings to themselves. Tell someone who is reliable and maybe able to come over for support when you need it most. I'm not suggesting you replace any form of preofessional treatment with a friend, but I suggest you work on telling someone close to you before you attempt to confront a professional. Don't stay quiet and assume it will pass over, because it might come back stronger or never even leave. Ignoring problems is the biggest way to help them grow into something that will take much more effort to get out of.

If you begin feeling suicidal and plan to act it out, tell someone immediately. Call a local hotline or EMT so they can be at your aid. If you need anyone or anything, let me know I'm only a PM away. Please take care of yourself.

-Have hope

01 // 10 // 11

Baby stand tall. You can have it all.

Don't you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine..

Closed Thread